• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

reliable organic seed vendor largest variety, best prices

The title pretty much says it all, looking for feedback, advice on your preferred list all things considered, price, quality, consistency, honesty.

I found these guys, Sunburst Hydroponics, they seem to have a wide variety of organic seeds, not sure of the prices because buying hydro seeds is a new area for me. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Ghosty...

Pepperjoe.com has the best selection on the web IMO, and many varieties are marked organic. I've been a repeat customer and will go back again and again for seeds. Plus you get 2 free packs of randomly-selected seeds with every order, and Pepper Joe is a regular on this site, so the customer service can't be beat.

I can also recommend Rareseeds.com if you're looking for heirloom varieties most people have never heard of. I've had great germination success with all the rare sweet peppers I got from them, and they have a large catalog of heirloom vegetables of all sorts.

Every plant I have except for my mature Purple Beauty came from these two sources, check out my grow:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31046-scarlet-fires-first-pepper-grow-purple-beauty-bells-giant-bhuts-hot-cow-horns/

Pepperjoe.com has the best selection on the web IMO, and many varieties are marked organic. I've been a repeat customer and will go back again and again for seeds. Plus you get 2 free packs of randomly-selected seeds with every order, and Pepper Joe is a regular on this site, so the customer service can't be beat.

I can also recommend Rareseeds.com if you're looking for heirloom varieties most people have never heard of. I've had great germination success with all the rare sweet peppers I got from them, and they have a large catalog of heirloom vegetables of all sorts.

Every plant I have except for my mature Purple Beauty came from these two sources, check out my grow:
http://thehotpepper....-hot-cow-horns/
Thanks Scarlet,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I will check out THP member PepperJoe, and now my biggest issue is selecting fast growing varieties and staging the germination to get yields when we need them, the experimental 8 foot drip system is almost complete, just need to cut out the seed basket holes in the top sections, we will have quite a capacity, more than 100 plants worth. Still an experiment, but one step closer. Will post a picture of the complete setup when finished.

Ghosty...

My standby for all things not pepper related (though they are starting to get some peppers) is Horizon Herbs. Their user interface is horribly awkward if you're just browsing, but they have a ridiculous selection of things I didn't even know existed. Organic, non-GMO (including corn and soybeans), and plenty of rare offerings you're unlikely to find elsewhere. They're very much seasonal, as some of their seeds have a limited shelf-life, so their stock varies throughout the year. I can't imagine they're in it for the money given how much effort it is to grow and harvest some of their plants.

Baker Creek Heirlooms is a bit more local for me and they have more of the conventional fare. I don't know if they're organic, but they're non-GMO and have lots of great heirlooms.

I got online last night and ordered about a dozen or so packs of seeds from two different vendors.
There are a slew of seed vendors out there, in addition to the ones listed in this thread.
I will let you know if the grow rates match or exceed the advertised rates once they are put in the drip hydro system. That ought to be a hoot.

Ghosty...

Back