• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review: Assam Indian Bhut Jolokia

Got this one from PepperLover, thanks again Judy. Another mean looking sucker. :cool: Nice size pepper, medium seed count, nice kinda hard texture, nice oily section. Very nice taste, fruity, flowery. The heat comes in within 10-12 seconds, mostly on the tounge and some in the back of the throat. It's a scorcher, but not too bad :mouthonfire: :dance: Little bit of a runny nose. I did not eat that many seeds, that could have been the difference. The Chocolate Bhut Jolokia was hotter :hell: A very nice tasting pepper, very fragrant. Glad to have gotten a chance to try it. :beer:

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Nice review. Was it similar in taste to a normal Bhut? Or was it different enough you could tell right away? That is an evil looking SOB. Is that the one she calls the Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon? Or is it another one not listed on her website?

Nice review. Was it similar in taste to a normal Bhut? Or was it different enough you could tell right away? That is an evil looking SOB. Is that the one she calls the Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon? Or is it another one not listed on her website?

Tasted like a normal Bhut, but step it up a notch or two, very fragrant too. Like I said it was one of the milder looking ones in the package :lol: :eek: I could not tell you if it's called by that name either. The name I listed is what Judy wrote on the package.

I had some Assam Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon peppers from Judy as well. A tiny bit of the placenta was enough to put me in some serious pain. I first noticed a oily taste, like vegetable oil, then a real nice citrus flavor before the heat came on. The heat was the real eye opener, very slow hitting, and took over a minute to build up and reach its peak. I put the four pods I received from Judy into about a quart of home made salsa. Same slow hitting heat, gives ample time to taste the salsa flavors before clamping on the pain. :mouthonfire: My best salsa I have made yet!
I saved the seeds, gonna grow some next year.

I had some Assam Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon peppers from Judy as well. A tiny bit of the placenta was enough to put me in some serious pain. I first noticed a oily taste, like vegetable oil, then a real nice citrus flavor before the heat came on. The heat was the real eye opener, very slow hitting, and took over a minute to build up and reach its peak. I put the four pods I received from Judy into about a quart of home made salsa. Same slow hitting heat, gives ample time to taste the salsa flavors before clamping on the pain. :mouthonfire: My best salsa I have made yet!
I saved the seeds, gonna grow some next year.
wait till you try it in powders its very good

Back