• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review: Big Sun Scotch Bonnet

Got this from PRF. I ate a 1/4 piece, hot :onfire:, kinda fruity, pretty tasty, crunchy, I ate the seeds and all. This is a great one for adding some decient heat. The heat is mostly in the mouth/tongue. Did not need any chocolate milk with this one, had some tears, running nose :eek: , but nothing like the Chocolate Bigbang Naga, in heat. :hell: :crazy: Definitely will buy some more in the future if available. Time for some more beer. :beer:

IMG_1031.jpg

It's just a review like I said, lighten up. Alot of people here do them.
Yeah... I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, I was curious about this strain myself, so thanks for sharing your opinion. From what I can tell, "Big Sun Habanero" and "Big Sun Scotch Bonnet" are used interchangeably, though I couldn't find any live plants so I couldn't grow them (I don't think I could start from seed yet; don't have the right equipment and space and have failed in the past couple years every time).

It's pretty bad when you can't even review and start a conversation about a pepper in a forum labeled "Hot Pepper Talk" without criticism. :confused:

Yeah... I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, I was curious about this strain myself, so thanks for sharing your opinion. From what I can tell, "Big Sun Habanero" and "Big Sun Scotch Bonnet" are used interchangeably, though I couldn't find any live plants so I couldn't grow them (I don't think I could start from seed yet; don't have the right equipment and space and have failed in the past couple years every time).

It's pretty bad when you can't even review and start a conversation about a pepper in a forum labeled "Hot Pepper Talk" without criticism. :confused:

Yeah, that's what I thought this forum was all about :woohoo: The Orange Habanero is hotter than the Big Sun Scotch Bonnet in my book, but the Bonnet has a better flavour. :dance:

I'm glad to hear something on the Big Sun Scotch Bonnet. PRF is sending me some to get seeds from. Scotch Bonnets are one of my favorites. So I'm always happy to listen about ones I haven't tried yet.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Those stems look suspiciously annuum like, and not really the pod shape I am used to with the big sun. Any pics of the top of the pods?

I don't know why he chose to take pictures of the smallest examples of all the pods I sent but I definitely sent him much bigger pods. These are C. Chinense and have a good Scotch Bonnet flavor and nice heat. Here is a pics I posted elsewhere of pods from the same plants, still hard to see the stem cap, hope this helps.
IMG_4419.jpg

Those pods in the pics still look at least part annuum to me, and my big sun pods were always a lot more habanero shaped. They are another one of my all-time favorites

Back