• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review: Mad Dog 357 Collector's Edition

This is the one with the bullet and packs 600,000 scoville units. The sauce comes with a beautiful label which has a disclaimer written on it. It also says "Made with 6 million scoville pepper extract." I tried Mad Dog CE on Ruffles Sour Cream chips. Strangely you could not taste the extract all that much like with other extract sauces. This sauce is subtle. I really could not fel the heat until the second chip, but then BOOM! I felt it go off in the throat and in my ears. It actually felt a little like when you descend from an airplane. About an hour later I felt cramping in the stomach even though I had some chocolate milk prior. I would say Mad Dog 357 CE tastes and feels very similar to the Original 357, but it hits the stomach harder due to the high potency extract used, so watch out for this when you consume. But I must say for a sauce of this brutality level it does not taste too bad at all.

If you like very hot sauces but don't like them too bitter I would give Mad Dog 357 CE a try. But when you do watch out for what I wrote earlier.

Verdict:
Flavor 6.5/10
Heat 9/10

Back