• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review: Walkerswood Scotch bonnet sauce

It has been years since I have tasted a Sauce this good. Ever since I left the Caribbean I have been searching for anything remotely similar to the sauces they had down there. Nothing has come close, Until last night. My wife went to the local asian market for a few things and decided to check and see of she could find a new sauce for me. Usually this is a bad thing and she ends up bringing home a horrible tasting extract sauce or a cholula rip off, but this time she saw a chili name that she remembered me loving. The Scotch Bonnet.

Walkerswood Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Sauce. Mmmmmmm!

The sauce has a good vinegar bite to it initially along with a slightly sweet hint and then the burn comes on. Not so hot as to be enjoyable only to pepper freaks, but enough to bring on a good sweat to your head. To me it is the perfect heat for a general table sauce. It also tastes almost exactly like some of the Scotch Bonnet sauces I had in St. Lucia. Good strong Bonnet flavor. Man have I missed that. We went through about half the bottle last night with dinner, and it looks like it will be finished up in a minute here with breakfast. My wife and I both love it.
The funny thing is, if I had given her anything like this a few years ago she would have beaten me unconscious with a flip-flop.

This sauce will be a definite stock up item until I get some Bonnets growing next season.

Nope. All women are naturally skilled with the Flip Flop brutality.

Thanks for moving this to this forum Mods. I thought I screwed that up after I posted it.

Back