• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review: Yellow Bhut Jolokia

I got this one from PRF a few weeks ago, thanks cappy. Nice typical Bhut nose, kinda fruity, crunchy texture. I tried the usual 1/4 pepper. I was dissappointed on the heat of this one, I thought it would be at least as hot as the red I tried earlier. It took a few seconds for the heat to kick in, but nothing like the red I got from JSKaiser. Wondering if all Yellows are like this. I have some from PepperLover to try out soon, we'll see.

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Still busy tasting huh? :lol:

Pl`s yellow bhuts weren`t as hot as the chocs. Even considering I ate 1/4(top) yellow and half the
choc.

It is a nice looking pepper but it is a Bhut Jolokia cross with fatalii. My Bhut seed I tried this year is from a old THP friend pablo, and he only grew Bhuts and Fatalii. This is the only plant that produced these yellow pods, I also though they had the BJ pod shape. This is not my cross as this is seed received two years ago in trade I wanted to give a try. Very pretty yellow color of the pod glad you like the bonus peppers, more goodies in the mail tomorrow morning. :dance:

good review wasatch! those yellow bhuts are beautiful! haven't tried one yet but i saw neil try it as well as justin and gaby. they all had the same reaction as you. hard to believe there's a bhut that skips on the scortch!

It is a nice looking pepper but it is a Bhut Jolokia cross with fatalii. My Bhut seed I tried this year is from a old THP friend pablo, and he only grew Bhuts and Fatalii. This is the only plant that produced these yellow pods, I also though they had the BJ pod shape. This is not my cross as this is seed received two years ago in trade I wanted to give a try. Very pretty yellow color of the pod glad you like the bonus peppers, more goodies in the mail tomorrow morning. :dance:

Yes, it is a very nice looking pepper, nice taste and nice little sting. :dance:

good review wasatch! those yellow bhuts are beautiful! haven't tried one yet but i saw neil try it as well as justin and gaby. they all had the same reaction as you. hard to believe there's a bhut that skips on the scortch!

It's still a very nice hot pepper, but......

I'm kinda disappointed in the heat from the Yellow Bhuts I grew as well. The pods look great, good size and shape with a nice yellow color, but they have thin walls and very little heat. I can eat 3-5 of them with a small meal, whereas I would only be able to eat about 1/3-1/2 of a Red or Chocolate Bhut. It does have a good flavor, though, and that in itself is cause for me to consider growing again next year.

By the way, the plant is HUGE, it is already over 6 feet tall (counting the 8 gallon pot it's in) and it's still growing.

Alan

I'm kinda disappointed in the heat from the Yellow Bhuts I grew as well. The pods look great, good size and shape with a nice yellow color, but they have thin walls and very little heat. I can eat 3-5 of them with a small meal, whereas I would only be able to eat about 1/3-1/2 of a Red or Chocolate Bhut. It does have a good flavor, though, and that in itself is cause for me to consider growing again next year.

By the way, the plant is HUGE, it is already over 6 feet tall (counting the 8 gallon pot it's in) and it's still growing.

Alan

Definitely a great pepper to add into things with just a nice little sting.

Back