• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking RIBEYE ROAST!!!

well i will be putting 1 of these on the pit one day also ... here's a few shots of what i did in the oven today... i also did baked potato and yellow squash all in the oven so clean up was super easy tonight... sorry the pics are not the best...

IMG00106-20090913-1602.jpg

IMG00107-20090913-1613.jpg

IMG00110-20090913-1843.jpg

IMG00111-20090913-18431.jpg

Cuts of meat are graded by USDA as such going from lower to higher...

Utility
Select
Good
Choice
Prime

That cut of ribeye for whatever reason was graded as select which in itself is not bad. Perhaps the inspector didn't like the marbling or the whole loin or side pre cutting was lacking in fat and/or density. I can find Prime Ribeye on sale for 7.99 so 5.98 is very high for select.

How did the 'thang slice? We didn't get a money shot on the plate after slicing. How 'bout the smoke...how was the overall flavor of the meat? We gots to know!

Salute', TB.

patrick said:
TB first is Prime, second is Choice, and Select is third. There isn't a Good. You mean standard maybe?

Damn! When did that change? Geez Louise I'm feelin' old. Suddenly I'm feeling worthless and weak. Call the vet. I might need to be put down.

Salute', TB.

Back