• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Ribs!

I decided to post my dinner tonight (sorry for no pics).

Here's what I did:

1 rack of ribs rubbed liberally with garlic and onion powder, sprinkled black powder and heavy dusting of Orange Hab and Tabasco powder. Add enough water in the pan to keep them moist, about 1/2 inch or so.

I baked them covered at 300 f degrees for 3 hours then basted them with BBQ sauce, I used Montgomery Inn, and cooked for another 1/2 hour at 350 f degrees.

They turned out incredible!!! Also had a nice burn to them.

I keep forgetting to take pics. I should have gotten some before and after shot. The before would have been cool with the rack of ribs covered in an orange reddish hue from all of the pepper powder on them. Then the after shots would have show just how perfect the BBQ sauce caramelized on the ribs.

Damn...I am stuffed, but typing this is starting to make my mouth water. Too bad I don't have any leftovers.

Not so fast PF...talking about ribs and no pics is like telling a story about Bigfoot. I flick a booger in your general direction. All shall be forgiven on your next rib outing should you post pics. Like Ralph said to Norton.."I'm watchin' you .."

ribs! ribs! ribs!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
I flick a booger in your general direction.

Eww...I think you hit my eye...:lol:

texas blues said:
All shall be forgiven on your next rib outing should you post pics. Like Ralph said to Norton.."I'm watchin' you .."

ribs! ribs! ribs!

Cheers, TB.

No worries, next time I will have a full array of photos. ;)

Back