• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Riddle me this. Dwarf 7 Pot

These two 7 pots, the seeds which came from the same person, were planted at the same time, about six weeks ago, treated the same--light, food, water, massages, manicures, everything. Yet they both stand before you one proud, one a mere shadow of it's brother. Why?

IMG_5242re.jpg

IMG_5238re.jpg

ouch!!! Looks like the little one just doesn't have the will to survive... or is demonstrating copious amounts of it. I'd keep it. Sometimes the runts end up leading the pack.

I also end up with a couple of plants like that every year. This year I have 5 datils and one of them is a dwarf. Also a tabasco that is a runt. Strange thing is that these plants seem healthy except for their size.

I have endless plants just like that... it takes a while and I mean A WHILE, but they slowly get out of it. they usually show mature leaf structure in small scale and that's kinda sad, but eventually start to grow and catch up.

I say if you don't have enough space or resources, dump the plants and plant some new ones... it'll be faster. if you like a good challenge and/or don't have anymore seeds and/or it's some kind of super-secret-rare chile plant... keep it.

Every seedling that I had that looked like that needed Magnesium and Nitrogen.

After giving it what it needed, it came right back.

RichardK said:
Every seedling that I had that looked like that needed Magnesium and Nitrogen.

After giving it what it needed, it came right back.
What about chiles in Hydroponics getting the exact same solution as the perfectly healthy ones? me thinks it's some form of shock.

Omri said:
What about chiles in Hydroponics getting the exact same solution as the perfectly healthy ones? me thinks it's some form of shock.

That doesnt look like a hydro setup, looks like a cup with Coco coir. And just because they have the same watering and feeding regimen doesnt mean one or more cant have a nutrient deficiency.

Theres also something called Human error, you might want to look that up :)

RichardK said:
That doesnt look like a hydro setup, looks like a cup with Coco coir. And just because they have the same watering and feeding regimen doesnt mean one or more cant have a nutrient deficiency.

Theres also something called Human error, you might want to look that up :)
I'm having the same thing, and mine are 100% Hydroponic. plus they get their solution from the same reservoir as the healthy ones.
It's usually only few plants out of dozens or hundreds, but they're out there.

Omri said:
I'm having the same thing, and mine are 100% Hydroponic. plus they get their solution from the same reservoir as the healthy ones.
It's usually only few plants out of dozens or hundreds, but they're out there.

Well in your case theres probably something wrong with the plant itself.

Evolution isnt alwayse perfect :)

RichardK said:
Well in your case theres probably something wrong with the plant itself.

Evolution isnt alwayse perfect :)

You've got that right. I've met a lot of people that make me doubt the theory of evolution.

Blister said:
You've got that right. I've met a lot of people that make me doubt the theory of evolution.

Ive met a lot of people that made me sure of the theory of evolution, bad genes + bad adaptation -> no children or badly raised children :mouthonfire:

Galapagos islands, theres even a chili specially adapted to the climate there. Interesting reading on www.fatalii.net

It looks like the plant just needs a re-potting. It is having a hard time getting air to the roots too.
It's experiencing nutrient lockdown.

Omri said:

i had that problem with the fatalii i put in my hydro system. It was plabted the same day as the scorpion and the scorpion is about big enough to build a treehouse in and the fatalli is just now branching at the top. Im not sure what caused the shock but after it was transplanted it looked reallu bad and i didnt think it would make it. Glad i gave it the benefit of the doubt though because it eventually pulled through.

Back