• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ristra

Got a Christmas present in the mail yesterday from a friend in Texas. Opened it up and there was a big ristra. Guessing Aneheims of some sort. It is not totally dry, so it should last a long while.
I would like to make a classic red sauce with some of the peppers, and have only made it before from crispy dried peppers.Beings that they are getting Rehydrated anyway, it should make any difference. What say the pros??

Thanks

Paul

When you use dehydrated peppers they will have slightly less heat and won't have that "fresh" taste, but I can't tell you how many times I've rehydrated pepeprs for cooking.

I've also always wanted to make a ristra....but end up using the peppers before I get a chance.

imaguitargod said:
When you use dehydrated peppers they will have slightly less heat and won't have that "fresh" taste, but I can't tell you how many times I've rehydrated pepeprs for cooking.

I've also always wanted to make a ristra....but end up using the peppers before I get a chance.

Uh huh.....you dried your peppers and they went straight into the Big Bambu rolling paper. Ain't dat for true mon?

Cheers, TB.

Back