• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce RocketMan's sauces

So I got my package in the mail from Rocketman today with 3 of his sauces. 2 of them were made with beer, one of which is beer that I actually brew :)

First we have The Brewers Series Southern Tier Iniquity

Then the Brewers Series Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Finally the Hapa-Peno made with sun dried tomatoes

Iniquity :

Ingredients:
Premium Craft Beer
Habaneros
Jalapeno
onion
carrot
garlic
spices

Appearance is a dark green almost brownish color, although considering the beer is black in color, it doesnt surprise me either. Its on the thin side, although nowhere near a vinegar based sauce consistency, yet not chunky like a puree by any means.

Smell is upfront beer in your face, and then onion and a hint of grapefruit, although knowing that it came from the style of hops that are present in the beer, i was able to pick it out, but it is very subtle. Garlic lingers at the finish.

Taste: Holy Iniquity batman!!!! Its like a jolt of awesome, followed by distinctive peppery goodness, with a nice tongue burn. Finishing taste is of jalapenos with the heat of the habs.

I would give the heat level on this a 6/10. Its got the kick of a regular hab based sauce. What I do love about this sauce is obviously the beer as a base. Creative and delicious. Nice job RM.

I will review the rest of them as I taste them. No acids so I dont want to crack open all 3 and have them go bad.

Wow.....Sounds veeerrrry good. Of course, the only IPA on the planet better than 90 minute is, well........ 120 minute.

120 is nowhere near the best IPA, and I am a dogfish head whore

best IPA out there right now is Bells 2 hearted

I'm extremely glad you enjoyed the sauce wheebz. There is no acid listed on the label because they're fermented sauces. The acid comes from the fermentation process so you are fine to open the other sauces. As yeast eats sugar, poops alcohol and farts CO2 the Lactobacillus used in the pepper fermentation process eats sugar, poops Lactic Acid and farts CO2. When I run the ph meter on the sauce it gives me a ph below 3 however as 3 is the lowest measurement my meter has I don't know the exact ph. I can say though that the meter goes from 7 to the point as far to the left as it can go. So, you are perfectly safe opening all of the sauces. And I'd love to see some pics too of how you use them.

Cheers,
RM

thankfully enough, I know plenty about fermentation and its processes and byproducts.

Now the true question is, which strain of lacto was present on the peppers, because we use Delbrucki in brewing to sour the mash to lower our PH to 5.4-5.5

Hey sorry if it sounded like I was talking down or being teachy, I sometimes forget how advanced people are and just go with explaining things. I don't know what kind of lacto it was but it was what ever lacto comes from sourdough starter. I'll have to google it.

the Iniquity made for a really good sauce but now after the 90 minute IPA sauce I'm thinking about making a batch using Southern Tiers Unearthly. It has some really great notes in it from the Oak I'm guessing in addition to the hops that I think will really go great.

Hummmmm, what do you think wheebz?
Cheers,
RM

Now the true question is, which strain of lacto was present on the peppers, because we use Delbrucki in brewing to sour the mash to lower our PH to 5.4-5.5

Ok I found out that it's the Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis that I'm using for my peppers.

awesome

so I cracked open the 90 minute sauce tonight

Ingredients:
Premium Craft Beer
Habaneros
Jalapeno
onion
carrot
garlic
spices

Appearance: Actually its a pretty ugly color haha, almost like a baby shit yellow, consistency is about the same as the Iniquity sauce

Smell: Similar to the Iniquity, yet less roasted characteristics and more of a hab smell, it almost reminds me of like a Diablo spagetti sauce kind of smell

Taste: Peppers peppers and more peppers. I get almost no beer whatsoever, a slight linger of citrus, but the heat just overwhelms any of the flavor. I really dont get anything other than peppers in this one.

Overall the sauce is hot, a lot hotter than i expected, in fact ide throw it around an 8/10. Unfortunately i am actually not a fan of this one, not like the Iniquity one. I reviewed this straight from a spoon, and also put it on some catfish sliders i whipped up, and I just couldnt get into it. I am pretty sure Jay got some of this too, so I will let him put his input in.

Also, I havent written a review of the Haba-peno sauce that I got as well, but its freakin delicious, and half the bottle is gone already. I havent wrote anything on it because its just so good that I dont want to take the time to actually sit and pick stuff out, i just throw it on everything

I will post up something on it eventually, but it will probably be when its at the end of the bottle.

Back