• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

RockWool and Bhut Jolokia

Newbie here

Looking for advice on growing Bhut Jolokia in Rockwool cubes and into RockWool slab. Considering non-return drip system for this.

1. What size Rockwool Cube and slab should I use
2. On a 3ft slab what should be the spacing and how many should I place on 1 slab (See Bhut Jolokia has a rep for large root balls is this even possible?)

Good luck, dont forget to post pictures! Alot of them i will follow! ;)

The times i grow seedlings in rockwool i start in a small cube then when i see roots sticking out of the cube i take the cube and put it in a bigger one. Then into my hydro.
If you are gonna grow the hole plant in rockwool you will need quite some rockwool but it is easy to transplant the small seedling cubes into bigger ones.

Btw why not try DWC hyrdo? easy to build and working great (as long as you have the pump) Its almost free :)

//Oscar

Good luck, dont forget to post pictures! Alot of them i will follow! ;)

The times i grow seedlings in rockwool i start in a small cube then when i see roots sticking out of the cube i take the cube and put it in a bigger one. Then into my hydro.
If you are gonna grow the hole plant in rockwool you will need quite some rockwool but it is easy to transplant the small seedling cubes into bigger ones.

Btw why not try DWC hyrdo? easy to build and working great (as long as you have the pump) Its almost free :)

//Oscar

I'm green to this, whats DWC? Also I plan on using a slab. THanks for insight.........

I'm green to this, whats DWC? Also I plan on using a slab. THanks for insight.........

DWC stands for Deep Water Culture. As Oscar said, they are very easy to build, inexpensive, and they work great. They are also very easy to maintain. Below are a couple of links that might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_water_culture
http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/deep_water_culture_inform.php

You can try doing a google or youtube search on "DIY DWC". You will find tons of info that way. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Edward

Newbie here

Looking for advice on growing Bhut Jolokia in Rockwool cubes and into RockWool slab. Considering non-return drip system for this.

1. What size Rockwool Cube and slab should I use
2. On a 3ft slab what should be the spacing and how many should I place on 1 slab (See Bhut Jolokia has a rep for large root balls is this even possible?)

1) You can use pretty much any size you want after transplanting the starter cubes. You just have to adjust the watering schedule based on when the roots suck up the moisture (flood every 2-6 hours).

2) After vertical turns into lateral growth on the plant, I cut off the lower leaves and train horizontally. 1 square foot per plant is my sweet spot on 400-600 watt lights.

Back