• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Penny said:
That is a great haul indeed.....awwww Tebow, he's so cute, as is your son.

It was a great season Penny. Thank you and Tebow says hello:)

maximumcapsicum said:
Very nice harvest. Be sure to wear gloves hah!

Gloves are for sissy's  ;)  Thank you :)
Datil said:
With 8 months old plants in January it will be a bountiful season for sure!
Nice little indoor setup also!

Good luck

Datil

Thanks Dat. I sure hope it is  :party:
Scarecrw said:
Another THP member getting an aerogarden for Christmas. Santa must of ran out by the time he hit my house :) nice haul of pods last year. My pooch ( husky ) likes to eat my tomatoes right of the plants. Very funny to watch.

Yeah you gotta love your pet . They are always by your side regardless to what is going on . Everyone should have a aerogarden  :dance:

HillBilly Jeff said:
Good luck to you this season.

Thank you Jeffro !!!!

Essegi said:
Good luck! Loving photos and photo subjects! :D

Thank you Essegi! Hopefully there will be  much better pics to come. 

Pinoy83 said:
aerogardennnnnn...sproutsssss :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank Jericson. I owe you to there future success. 

So today I went on a field trip with my daughter to Blue Springs Florida. During the winter hundreds of Manatee's come her to shelter from the cold. It is an amazing place . Lots of Gators, fish and other creatures also utilize the 72 degree water. 

Here is a mamma and her baby

photo_zpsc590e29b.jpg

Aha....found it!!! Been watching your weather dude...not very Flo-like lately. Glad you're working the contingency plans. Great shot of the critters too! You need to start a Glog for how to grow up such a great looking boy and pup!

maximumcapsicum said:
Cool manatees romy!
 Thank you mad max 

Nightshade said:
That's absolutely amazing you can see that

Thanks I am very lucky to live where i live 

Chewi said:
Wewe ni bwana pilipili mkulima Jamie. Furaha kukua katika 2014!!! :cheers:

Crack my ass up Roberto  :rofl:
HillBilly Jeff said:
Great pic...Got me thinking of a cajun grilled gator steak now.

MMMM that sounds yummy Jeff

stc3248 said:
Aha....found it!!! Been watching your weather dude...not very Flo-like lately. Glad you're working the contingency plans. Great shot of the critters too! You need to start a Glog for how to grow up such a great looking boy and pup!

Hey brother Shane. Glad you found it  :party: Thank you for the love  :dance:

patrick said:
Jamie you live in a pretty nice place. Good luck on your grow.

Pretty nice  ;)  I would say superb . Thanks P diddy  :fireball:

Temps hit 32 this morning. I should have brought in the plants but weather man said it would not hit below 38. But they all made it . Gonna be in the 30's next couple days. I guess the polar vortex is real 

Manzano is liking the cold

photo_zpsbacd74c5.jpg

Birgit still umping out pods but looks awful

photo_zps1398b985.jpg

Jalapeno doing well for a little guy. 

photo_zps3ae33af0.jpg

Naga is doing okay

photo_zps0b462d73.jpg

Healthiest plant my red douglah cross( two year old plant ) . Has about 7 or 8 nice pods

photo_zps574ab665.jpg

And my 3 year old brainstrain refuses to die. One hot looking pod will have with dinner after the games . Omaha  :rofl:

photo_zps7e2f6462.jpg

My baby girl 

photo_zpsdc9d1643.jpg

Some of those plants are HUGE! How big are the pots you got 'em in? Alot of soil in 'em? 

Looks like a day of fun with the manatees! Crazy weather for FL though, surprised you guys even have jackets. 

Keep growing those pods and things'll heat back up real quick.

Love that pup!

Looking forward to grabbing one of your SFRBs when they are available. I still have a few of your pods in the freezer.

All looking stellar brother Jamie! Looks like you had some fun quality time with your daughter checking out the Manatees. How are the new starts liking your Aerogarden?

Right there with you Shane, WOO HOO, found Jamie's log before it reached 25 pages :)

Man I'm digging that first pic and If I'm going to have Pepper Row, you defiantly have Pepper Alley going there! Great pulls and that boy of yours has grown since I last saw him!

Following Brother

Brethren, great to see you in da game for 14, naturally I quickly clicked "follow dis mon" before it got too crowded. I hab no doubt your grow will rock [SIZE=12pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪[/SIZE]

Manatee pic & your little woman pic rock, keep da pepper love going, hat’s off mon \o_

Essegi said:
Good luck! Loving photos and photo subjects! 
 Thank you Essegi! Good luck to you too!

Pinoy83 said:
aerogardennnnnn...sproutsssss 

They are growing fast E money :)

maximumcapsicum said:
Some of those plants are HUGE! How big are the pots you got 'em in? Alot of soil in 'em? 

Looks like a day of fun with the manatees! Crazy weather for FL though, surprised you guys even have jackets. 

Keep growing those pods and things'll heat back up real quick.

Most of my plants are in 3 and 7 gallon. They bust through the bottom holes and latch on to the ground. They could all use a much bigger container. Thank you for the nice words. 

stc3248 said:
Ha...ripe supers at Jamie's house, go figure!!! There's another little one you're growing up right! Give that birgy a little foliar feeding and she'll perk back up!

Shanster my brotha. The brain was off the chain. Hotter than I rememebered. I had not had a fresh super in several weeks:) Thank you and duly noted . 

Devv said:
Looking good Jamie!

Looks like Ma Nature has been good to you this winter.

Keep in green!

Thank you brother. I will do my best to green them up :)

Husker21 said:
Love that pup!

Looking forward to grabbing one of your SFRBs when they are available. I still have a few of your pods in the freezer.

Why thank you kind sir. I will keep you in mind come spring :)

stickman said:
All looking stellar brother Jamie! Looks like you had some fun quality time with your daughter checking out the Manatees. How are the new starts liking your Aerogarden?

Thank you Rickster. It was a blast and my daughter wanted to go back the next day :) The two sprouts that have popped up are growing super fast. I am not used to such a controlled environment for growing. This could turn into trouble for the wife and kids  ;)

RocketMan said:
Right there with you Shane, WOO HOO, found Jamie's log before it reached 25 pages :)

Man I'm digging that first pic and If I'm going to have Pepper Row, you defiantly have Pepper Alley going there! Great pulls and that boy of yours has grown since I last saw him!

Following Brother

Following Brother

Thanks brother Bill. I still can't believe I have not been to your new casa yet  :crazy:

WalkGood said:
Brethren, great to see you in da game for 14, naturally I quickly clicked "follow dis mon" before it got too crowded. I hab no doubt your grow will rock [SIZE=12pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪[/SIZE]

Manatee pic & your little woman pic rock, keep da pepper love going, hat’s off mon \o_

Nice to see you out and about Ramon. Hope you get a chance to start a glog this year. It was one of my fav's last year :)

jedisushi06 said:
Let me know how those other goodies are i sent u when u try them.

The love arrived on Friday Mike . The salsa is some of the best I have ever had. The pickles I will tackle soon . The hot sauce i know will be top notch. Thank you brother man 

Back