• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ronniedeb's 2016 season

Back again for another year. All intentions of scaling down, have been thrown out the window!! :lol:  :lol: 
I am growing more annuum and less chinense though.  :P 

Chinense
Oxkutzcabian orange/Chichen Itza (not sure which one I'll grow. Both Orange Habs. Anyone know if one is better than the other?)
King Naga
Scotch Bonnet
Peruvian Creole
Murici Pepper
Turtle Claw
Raindrop
Murupi Amarela
Coyote Zan White

Baccatum
CAP218
Jamy
Aji Melocoton
Aji Cristal
Other Baccatum
Other Baccatum

Annuum
Thai Dragon
Piquillo de Lodosa
Chimayo
Jalapeno 1
Jalapeno 2
Jalapeno 3
Malih Helow
Kapia Kurtovszka
Guajillo
Berbere
Amish Bush

Crosses
Queen Laurie x Bhut
Murupi x Bonda
Peach Bhut x Peach Scorpion

Frutescens
Donne Sali

Pubescens
CGN22796
Macara Rocoto
Peru Bitdumi
Rocoto Santa Natalia
Turbo Pube

Wilds
Ulupica
Lanceolatum
Flexuosum 1
Flexuosum 2
Galapagoense
Galapagoense Cross
CAP213 Chacoense
CAP500 Eximium
CGN22795 Praetermissum
Cardenasii
PI441654 Praetermissum
CAP1491

I have room for 3 more plants. Not sure what they will be, but wouldnt mind getting my hands on Cabai Burung Ungu seeds, if anyone has any to swap. 
I'll also have room for 6 overwinters. Probably baccatums.  

All the best for 2016 everyone. Here's hoping for a scorcher of a Spring, Summer and Autumn.

moruga welder said:
Really impressive list ! Hope you have a great grow !       :onfire:
Thanks moruga welder. You too!

mpicante said:
Splendid varieties hope you have a great grow
Thanks mpicante. You too!

pepperguy1 said:
That's a nice list you got there.Those crosses sound cool.I lost my Queen Laurie before trying it.Are they any good? :think:
Thanks pepperguy1. These are not my crosses. Queen Laurie x Bhut and Peach Bhut x Peach Scorpion are from Spicegeist, and Murupi x Bonda are from AZ1000. Never grown or tasted Queen Laurie, but sounds like a nice cross. 

meatfreak said:
Best of luck with the 2016 season, Ronan!

Thanks Stefan, and to you!!

az1000 said:
Good luck .
Nice to see that you grow my Murupix Bonda .

Thanks Nicolau, Heefy passed some seeds onto me. Sounds like a great variety! Hope I do it justice. 

Trident chilli said:
Great list Ronan all the very best for this forthcoming season and let's hope we see some sun

Absolutely John. We're due a good summer! Thanks

tsurrie said:
Great list, will def. follow your glog.
Good luck with the grow.

Thanks tsurrie! You too. 

Oban said:
Cool wild list!
Best of luck in 2016, I'll follow you!

Thanks Oban. Best of luck to you too!

Good luck! 

ronniedeb said:

Back again for another year. All intentions of scaling down, have been thrown out the window!! :lol:   :lol:

:D :D :D
But at least here we'll see many interesting varieties!
Good luck!

Nice grow list! Subbed.
I wish I had extra Cabai Burung Ungu seeds to spare. I only took 3 seeds from a past train. All 3 sprouted in a solo cup a few weeks ago, but one will only live on. This season I am growing mostly one of each variety. I want to have a lot more genetics to save seed and spread around THP.

Lovepeppers said:
Nice grow list! Subbed.
I wish I had extra Cabai Burung Ungu seeds to spare. I only took 3 seeds from a past train. All 3 sprouted in a solo cup a few weeks ago, but one will only live on. This season I am growing mostly one of each variety. I want to have a lot more genetics to save seed and spread around THP.
Thanks! The CBU looks like a beautiful variety. Next year maybe!
chiltepin said:
Where do you get Cardenasii seeds?
In a seed swap.
PaulS said:
Good Luck dude.
Lets hope we have a summer this year!
Thanks Paul. Hope so. 

Got most of my chinense, pubescens, baccatum, frutescens and wilds sown now. Some changes to my growlist:

I decided on Oxkutzcabian Orange and Allen Boatman Bonnet
I didnt have seeds for CGN22796, PI441654 or CAP213. CGN22796 turned out to be CGN22795, but not quite sure what happened with PI441654 or CAP213, unless I misplaced them somewhere.  :oops: 

Sooo.... I added CAP218, CAP1034 and CAP476 (all baccatum) and CAP215, CAP1478 and CAP1144 (all wilds), thanks to Heefy. Also added Turbo Pube, Locato and Rocoto Inca (all pubescens). 

Just waiting on a few seeds from the ever-generous Bluesman and I'll be sorted! :P

Back