• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Roquito Peppers

So I used to live in London UK, and used to be quite a regular customer of Dominos Pizza. Over the years they had some pretty cool peppers on some of their pizzas - my favourites were the ones that were hot and sweet at the same time. I can specifically remember they used "Roquito" peppers for a while and these were amazing - Hot and sweet. I have searched for seeds online, but it seems that it is a trademarked variety and seeds are not available. Can anyone shed any light on this??? Are they similar to Rocoto peppers etc??

Never heard of "Roquitos", but from the pictures I see online and the way you describe them, they sure seem like Rocotos or at least a sort of C. pubescens - a Rocoto "type" or relative. the ones I see online though, are preserved. that might have an impact on the flavor.

After another google search I found this page which throws some light on it, but I am still a little confused...

http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9667

Back