• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Rosa Mexicano Chile Pasilla de Oaxaca Salsa

I'm always on the lookout for GOOD Mexican/Tex-Mex food, which is difficult to find up here in Ohio. So I was very pleasantly surprised when I found this salsa and really enjoyed it. It actually contains two types of chiles (not just pasilla de Oaxaca), and tomatillos, all of which have been roasted, giving the salsa a very smokey flavor. Having "medium" heat (LOL - medium to whom?), it is easy to serve to the non-chileheads included in my circle of friends and family. The chile flavor comes through strongest - while the tomatillo taste is in there, it doesn't overpower the chiles. The salsa is somewhat thick, so I have used it in place of enchilada sauce when making cheese and beef enchiladas. I've brushed it on beef brats on the grill, on chicken, and steak. And, of course, I've just eaten it with tortilla chips! Other than brushing it on steak before cooking, I've marinated steak with olive oil, lime juice and sea salt, then put this salsa on it after cooking. I like it both ways. I wasn't surprised to find this brand was a multiple THP winner in 2008 (though not this particular variety of salsa.) At any rate, if you haven't tried this and are looking for something in the mild-to-medium range, I definitely recommend it.

G

Back