• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

round chilli's at woolworths brisbane

Anyone seen those round ball chillis at woolworths. Im keen to know what breed they are. Im quite fond of them in my salad. And there really easy to grow. Some one told me there atomic hearts. Can anyone varify?

Cheers

I'm interested to know too, they have a sweet capsicum taste, loads of seeds! They have just become available in Canberra too. They ate great for salad sandwiches!!

Quite spicy for what they are actually.

Found out where they come from. Sold to Woolworths by:- http://www.austchilli.com.au/index.aspx?page=11

The manager is kind enough to send me some info and pictures etc today sometime. I'll keep you all posted.

Seen them here in Adelaide also. I thought they were Rocoto's but I wasn't sure so I didn't grab any.
Would rather grow my own though, lol

Seen them here in Adelaide also. I thought they were Rocoto's but I wasn't sure so I didn't grab any.
Would rather grow my own though, lol
buy one - will be cheaper than 50 cents and contain a motherload of seeds in them. They grow "realy" easy. I have dozens of plants growing from one pod i broke open straight onto the ground.

Just looked at the local Woolies here, nothing of that sort. Then again half the chillies they have are mis-labeled/packaged anyway.

Run out of jalapenos? Just dump some random green chillies in the same box, no-one will notice.

HAHA fount it.

Its a member of the Charade chilli family.

ballchili.jpg

You know I would love supermarkets to actually specify types instead of baby xhot or long red or ball to what they actually are.... have you got any more info on the charades?

I got the info from the business owner of the website i posted the link to. Yeah i tried googling cherade and got lost.

Still. ....I got the picture and "a" name

Atomic Hearts are what they sounds like - Heart Shaped those are more of a ball to me they def look like Cherry Peppers - Love'em pickled or stuffed

I've seen them here in Victoria too, I really liked them actually, quite sweet.
THSC sell them simply as "Ball Chilli", as they are referred to in the shops.

+1 on easy growability! :P

Back