• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Round Rock Texas Grow

It's that time of the year again......these are the habaneros I am growing this year. Everything went into the ground in April besides the two survivors from last years grow...more on them below ;). All purchased from chili plants.com.

HABANERO CHOCOLATE
HABANERO JAMAICAN RED
PRIMO YELLOW
TRINIDAD SCORPION CHOCOLATE
REGINAS RED HOTS ****
7 POT BUBBLE GUM ****
SUN GOLD HYBRID (cherry tomatoes)

Okra
Raspberry cauliflower
Broccoli
Strawberries

So the good news is that the Regina Red Hots and 7pot bubblegum plants came back from last year. Regina is more like a bush while the 7pot plant is like a TREE! You can see how tall and wide it is in the picture with me. I am 6' tall for size reference. It has 60 + pods on it. Between my feet in that picture is one of the new plants, hard to believe that is how small they start out! I picked and ate an orange one so it wasn't all the way ripe but whoa! On the other hand Ragina only has 10 or so pods on it. All of the other plants are coming along fine with the ones in my veg trug kicking the most ass. I even got a little crazy and put dead crawfish deep under the okra and cherry tomato plants. My little girl always swipes a few to play with and they inevitably end up for me to fish out of the pool the next day..,why not put them to good use.

Anyway super hots coming early this year be as of old plants, rain, and no heat here in central Texas!

Will update as the grow goes on........Maybe snap off a picture or two of the other plants tomorrow.

Sent from my Garden

Nice! Yeah we caught a little bit of that rain, my plants are ready to dry out and start cooling off. Good to know you're producing, means I shouldn't be too far behind you. I've got loads of blooms since the spring crop quit, but they're almost all dropping even under shade cloth. Hopefully just a few more weeks of this heat

Well here we are almost in October in central Texas. The weather has cooled down and round number two of pods are maturing. Plant size in the vegtrug is about 3' over the top of my fence. Pod and blossom production is going bonkers. I'm using GH Tiger bloom once a week.

These pants have come a long way since the start of this Thread

Here's the REGINAS red hots plant that came back. It's all funkified looking but soooo loaded down. Bet there are 65 pods on there?

Here is a shot from the side showing the chocolate scorpion and yellow primo in the middle spot. Just huge in comparison to last years plants in the same container with the same soil mix and ferts. Lots o pods on theseas well. I have noticed some of the scorpions pods tend to start off fine but catch water in their folds and rot in that location. Love the bright yellow of the primos. I will grow these again for sure.

7 pot bubblegum in the front yard landscaping that came back from the previousseason is done growing and is like a small tree..6'x4'. It's loosing leaves and only has a few pods, but more flowers.

Sent from my iPad

Back