• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

yield Running out of time?

Hello everyone, I'm starting to get worried that I'm running out of time for a few of my plants. I'm in zone 6a and my reaper and ghost pepper just started growing a couple pods. They both have a bunch of flowers but I'm worried they won't have enough time to get a harvest. The first frost is supposed to be in the first week of October, but I can bring them inside overnight to get a little more time out of the season. Is there anything I can do to help speed them up? Also as far as fertilizer goes I've been using Happy Frog tomato fert once a month for the last two months.

Pics included are from my reaper.

Attachments

• IMG_8664.jpeg
    IMG_8664.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8665.jpeg
    IMG_8665.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 27
Hello everyone, I'm starting to get worried that I'm running out of time for a few of my plants. I'm in zone 6a and my reaper and ghost pepper just started growing a couple pods. They both have a bunch of flowers but I'm worried they won't have enough time to get a harvest. The first frost is supposed to be in the first week of October, but I can bring them inside overnight to get a little more time out of the season. Is there anything I can do to help speed them up? Also as far as fertilizer goes I've been using Happy Frog tomato fert once a month for the last two months.

Pics included are from my reaper

One thing to keep in mind is that, yes, the first frost is close to the beginning of October, but once temps go back up during the day, you're good to go. Bring them inside your garage at night and put them out during the day. Do you have an asphalt driveway that is in full sun? That is going to be artificially warmer than the surrounding area, so if you have days in the 50s and 60s and you put them out in your driveway, they'll be nice and warm (actually it might be a good idea to make sure they don't get too warm out there if they're out there all day!).

In the meantime, keep them in as full sun as possible and on a south facing side of the house (if possible) or at least in the warmest microclimate you can identify to keep pod development cranking. Another last-minute resort is that if it gets too cold, any pods that have already started to break color can be finished indoors.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Back