• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus

I tried this recently. For some reason the spicy part was not mixed in, it was in a blob that you had to mix in. It tasted spicier the next day after blending and letting it sit, I liked the taste but it was not extremely hot. I had it straight out of the container, with pita cxhips and with whole wheat tortillas. I think that it would be good as a vegetable dip.

Now that's just weird. looked it up and there are all kinds of freaky flavors. even if it's as good as our store bought hummus, real hummus is WAY BETTER.

BTW you don't usually mix it. you put on a plate, make a little dimple in the middle and pour it there. the traditional way of eating it with hot bread or pita and just "wiping it off the plate".

That should be hummus in the title. I know that you normally do not mix it and traditionally it does not have extra flavorings.

There are many flavors, just not the ones Sabra is selling... lol. AND apparently they're Israeli in origin, so that's even weirder. well I guess they give the people what they want. :P

This brand and flavor of hummus has been a household fave for many years now. It's NOT because it is the best hummus out there, but given the overall blandness of the American mass-market palate, it is some of the spicier stuff that you can get in the average grocery store.

I have often thought it was weird that the spicy part was not mixed in to the rest of the product, though. I usually add some extra spiciness, although not habanero hot. If I may offer a suggestion, Rossetti's crushed hot peppers are great mixed in to this, or any other, hummus product. Check out:

Rossetti's Crushed Hot Peppers

Because the base is olive oil, it goes great with hummus.

- Joe

I have had it and wil definitely buy it again, i loved the dollop of hot paste right in the middle it was the perfect amount i tried it the way it was without kicking it up more and liked it

then i kicked up what i had left

its a super good product!!

thanks your friend Joe

Now that's just weird. looked it up and there are all kinds of freaky flavors. even if it's as good as our store bought hummus, real hummus is WAY BETTER.

BTW you don't usually mix it. you put on a plate, make a little dimple in the middle and pour it there. the traditional way of eating it with hot bread or pita and just "wiping it off the plate".
yeah Omri where you live you have the goods stuff, there are a few places around me that make top notch hummus too, but i still doubt its as good as yours

thanks your friend Joe

I agree. It's a good brand and one of the better mass marketed ones, BUT never as good as homemade from those in the know!

Chris

Omri, do you make any of your own? I've been making it for years.. would be very curious to see what even a base recipe would look like that you'd dig.

Back