• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Sadistic Pepper Co. BBQ Sauce Review and tasting

After reading Elcap's description of his sauce on his sale ad, I had to try some.  Placed the order on Tuesday, package came Friday.  SneakiestFever and I did a little video tasting (kind of review) but I thought I'd post up our ratings and my thoughts about the sauces.  (They are both awesome)

Skippy's Sweet Key West BBQ Sauce:

Packaging:  3/10  The bottle is nice.  The label is pretty simple.  It's a white sticker with the name of the product and the ingredients.  It does its job of letting you know what you have, but there's nothing fancy to look at.

Smell:  10/10  This stuff smells great.  I was first hit with the tomato and the sweetness from the fruit juices.  It's nice.

Consistency:  6/10  This sauce was a little runnier than what I am accustomed to, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I think it would be great for dipping, or basting. 

Taste:  10/10  This is one of the best sauces I've ever had.  The sweetness of the tomato and pineapple was one of the first things to hit me (I love sweetness).  Very nice tropical feel.  I wouldn't change a thing with the flavor.

Heat:  0/10  This sauce is not meant to have any heat, so I'm not going to hold that against it.

Overall:  9/10  The only thing that I think would make this sauce any better would be if it was a bit thicker.

3 Days In Jail Spicy BBQ Sauce:

Packaging:  3/10  Same as above.  It does its job.

Smell:  9/10  I love the smell of this sauce.  Tomatoes and hickory?  It's good.

Consistency:  8/10  This one is a bit thicker than its sweet brother.  After being in the fridge for a while it thickened up nicely.

Taste:  10/10  Tomatoes, garlic, onions, a bit of sweetness and just enough burn so you know you are eating something hot.  Delicious.  I love it.

Heat:  5/10  It has a nice burn, but nothing uncomfortable.  This would be a great level of heat for most people.

Overall:  10/10  The only way to improve this product is with a pretty label.  I wouldn't change anything in the sauce.  Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rn9XRf3QVU&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for the honest and thorough review, good sir! Very much appreciated! Glad you guys really liked the sauces overall :)

As you mentioned, the labels are pretty plain, since I haven't gotten anything formally done for either one yet, but that's coming down the road. And you were spot on with my Sweet Key West being thinner, since that's what I was going for being good as a basting and dipping sauce, and the lack of heat is for those who aren't partial to spicy BBQ sauces. I'll definitely take your advice into account though and try to thicken it up a little bit.

If it's OK, with your permission, can I post up this review on my website?

oCaveman said:
It's fine with me.  Love he sauce man.
Thanks! Glad to hear you love it :)

That is just the kinda label that makes me go, Hmm what do have here? Screams out, small batch and likely made with passion.

Great review as always Gentlemen.

Ok, so it's been a few days and both jars are over half gone!  This stuff is awesome.  I've been looking for things around the house that I can cook just so I can eat more of this sauce.  :)

Back