Salce, long time lurker, second time poster.

I am pretty sure I have another account where I did the welcome message dance, but a lot has changed since then.

Back in 2019 I got into hot sauce through the magical world of Hot Ones. I kicked around some receipes of Pineapple Jalapeno and Honey Habanero to people at work, friends, and family. People enjoyed it and wanted more. 2020 pandamic + second child. People kept asking about the hot sauce. 2021 life with two kids under 4. Late-2021, a shared kitchen that is 50 miles away said that in early 2022 they were going to open their second location only 15 miles away. Again people kept asking me the hot sauce. Mid-2022 we investigate the new shared kitchen location and gave it the greenlight. By October we were selling at our very first market and did six more to close out the year.

The only reason my wife were able to start our company Salce, here in Arizona, is because of this forum. @salsalady posts on Hot Sauce Business 101 and PAs were foundational and the deep knowledge from this community helped us start this business. We went the self-publish route of making, bottling, marketing, selling, shipping and every "-ing" in-between. While we are just getting started in this journey, it's time I try to return what I gained from this commmunity to maybe make an impact for someone else getting started after me.

Attached: Image of the sauces we currently sell :-)

salceBottlesAllFlavors-86a82cb.jpg

The only reason my wife were able to start our company Salce, here in Arizona, is because of this forum. @salsalady posts on Hot Sauce Business 101 and PAs were foundational and the deep knowledge from this community helped us start this business.
THAT'S AMAZING!

THAT'S AMAZING!

THIS COMMUNITY IS AMAZING! Seriously though, like if I go to AZ Enviromental Health's website, there isn't a clear playbook about what needs to happen for producing hot sauce commericially. You'll get tagged as a "varience" in the process to being a "food producer" then they will, one piece at a time, tell you that you need this specific testing, these PAs letters, this acidified foods certification, this SOP doc, this HACCP doc and as we know the list goes on and on. I had nearly all these pieces before my first conversation with Arizona Health Department and they were surprised how well I was prepared as a first time producer. Credit for that goes to this community 100%.

:welcome:back! Glad to know things worked out well for you👌

The sauces look tasty. I love little savory "bits" in the sauce when it is not super smooth, and flecks of char like that. Right up my alley.

:welcome: Back, from the Pacific NorthWest!

Welcome! Very nice! Congratulations on chasing your dream! ‘One hand washing the other’ creates a community of caring and sharing. Enjoy the ride!!! Positive Vibrations…

Back