• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sapporo peppers

Jdee

Extreme Member
I have some Sapporo peppers growing and don't see to many photos online.
They seem to not have many leafs? They are making peppers though..
They were free with my order from Pepper Joe's  so I planted them for fun.
They seem odd compared to the other peppers I planted though.
Today I found a mushroom growing in one of the pots is this a bad thing?
So its my first time growing anything , each plant is so different I'm surprised 
Oh and Ants seem to like to hang out on my plants by the flowers. I don't think they are hurting anything...
Jdee
mush.jpg

i also got a Sapporo peppers from pepperjoe for free and am currently growing it, yours seems a little taller than mine, but mine is very bushy with leaves

Thanks for the info.
i think I can get rid of the ants fast the way I'm set up. Been a bit rainy here the past few days but sure it will dry up fast..
Thanks again...
Jdee
This is a older pic everything is in big pots now....
Peppers.jpg

I am growing them as well and got the seeds from PepperJoe.
It is different from the super hot peppers as mine is "lanky" and tall.
The plant however is growing like a champ.
Will be interested in trying the peppers once they ripen.

Sapporo lanky is it for sure  :surprised: My other free ones are the Hawks-claw and are much thicker..
Fun stuff for a newbie ....

Sapporo
sap.jpg

Hawks-claw

taka.jpg

:P  my bird/  kids... Lola and Tupock
A Scarlet and a Blue and Gold 
lola.jpg
tupock.jpg

Its like having  toddlers around the house for 60 years.
They love to make a big mess and get into things, throw temper tantrums
and scream loud enough to bust your ear drums. And they can Bite hard.
Gotta love them ;)   

I always wanted one but I don't feel like paying 10 grand for a bird. They are amazing animals but I would rather buy my dream pet a red handed tamarin.

Good to hear Pepper Joe is giving away some more interesting varieties as free seeds now. Every time I ordered from him I got Serrano and Santa Fe Grande.

StupidJerk said:
Good to hear Pepper Joe is giving away some more interesting varieties as free seeds now. Every time I ordered from him I got Serrano and Santa Fe Grande.
Yeah, I got serranos and sante fe grande from him too, in one of my orders. pasillas and sapporos in another, and mexican jalapeno and sante fe grande in the third order.....

PepperWhisperer said:
Is that a flood irrigation setup I see? 

Fancy.
Yep, flood irrigation is the best way I have found out here in the desert.

I have a few sapporos growing from Pepperjoe's. Mine also don't have many leaves, but one put out a miniature ripe pod already. That's more than my other varieties have done. It tasted like a mildish habanero to me, but it still set my mouth on fire!

Back