SASBE seed giveaway. --CLOSED--

bucdout57 said:
Not sure if the offer is still open. I mailed out a SASBE and didn't receive it. Must of got lost in the mail. Let me know if you still have some available and I'll mail you out another one. Thanks again for offering.
Yours were sent on the 4th, so it looks like they got lost. I don't remember what you had for postage, but I did get one returned to me (not yours) for insufficient postage. It had 3 stamps and it needed 2 more. Some did get where they were going with 2 or 3 stamps. The one returned to me was the only one with my return address on it, so There could be others that didn't make it. I'm still waiting for 3 envelopes and there are 5 or 6 that I sent out which haven't been confirmed as having arrived.

I still have all varieties available though if you want to try again.

Transient Exuberance said:
Yours were sent on the 4th, so it looks like they got lost. I don't remember what you had for postage, but I did get one returned to me (not yours) for insufficient postage. It had 3 stamps and it needed 2 more. Some did get where they were going with 2 or 3 stamps. The one returned to me was the only one with my return address on it, so There could be others that didn't make it. I'm still waiting for 3 envelopes and there are 5 or 6 that I sent out which haven't been confirmed as having arrived.

I still have all varieties available though if you want to try again.
Doubt it was for lack of return shipping. I paid 2.32 to ship it out to you and included 5 forever stamps for return shipping cause I knew it would be a good size envelope. Learned from a previous offer to send extra stamps just in case. Still got the reciept from that transaction cause I made sure to get more stamps for my SASBE's Well guess that would be the reason. Think I'll hold off for now. Don't want to lose anymore money because of insufficient postage. Might help to also remind future members to send the correct postage. 2.32 is the standard.Either way thanks again for offering. If they do ever show up feel free to contact me otherwise I'll take it as a loss. Just several varieties I really planned on my grow for this season. I'll keep my eyes out on the forum. I know plenty of the members are super generous. Thanks again.

With 5 stamps it wasn't insufficient postage, maybe it just got delayed. It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. Hopefully they'll get to you in time for you to grow them.

Transient, PM me your address and I'll send you some extra stamps to help out for those who don't quite send you enough. Great Zeus, I've had the post office tell me how much to include for the return, and I get it back with postage due. I want to scream!

Oh, home made ice cream, there is a thought. You scream, I scream we all scream for Ice Cream. Did I mention I think I have ADHD?

Pro tip: Don't put your address down on the from or return to, put the person you are mailing to. That way, if there isn't enough postage, they have to pay, not you. It doesn't come back to you.

Orekoc said:
Transient, PM me your address and I'll send you some extra stamps to help out for those who don't quite send you enough. Great Zeus, I've had the post office tell me how much to include for the return, and I get it back with postage due. I want to scream!

Oh, home made ice cream, there is a thought. You scream, I scream we all scream for Ice Cream. Did I mention I think I have ADHD?

Pro tip: Don't put your address down on the from or return to, put the person you are mailing to. That way, if there isn't enough postage, they have to pay, not you. It doesn't come back to you.

Thanks for the offer. One more example of how amazing people are around here.

I've only had one returned to me though and I just removed the return address and sent it back out. I was pretty sure that, as you said, it would be delivered and the recipient would be asked to pay any extra postage. Most have been confirmed as arriving safely.

I used to have a mailman like that.

Let me check with the rest of the unconfirmed people and see how many haven't made it. I'll find a way to get some stamps and resend what doesn't make it by then. I'd really hate to let anyone down.

I received my seeds today. Thanks again! I'm not sure what the postage issue was but they wanted $4.21+ the 6 stamps that were on it. I will start germinating some of them this weekend.

Seeds arrived a couple of days ago. Sorry for posting late. Thanks again buddy. Gonna get them started right away. You rock.

Orekoc said:

I have often thought about trying that to mail something out, probably some mail fraud charge they could levy against you though for doing it.

If this is still open, I would love to get anything.  I just lost almost all of my first seeds.  I guess I messed up germination somehow...

Scuba_Steve said:
If this is still open, I would love to get anything.  I just lost almost all of my first seeds.  I guess I messed up germination somehow...
Everything on the list is still available. PM me a list of what you'd like and I'll give you my address.

Back