Satan Red

Any ever had this Belgian strong pale ale? Found this while back and really enjoy it from time to time.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2789/6569/

yes. but the Importer for it in Japan is doing a pretty bad job of looking after it (not temp controlled enough etc). 

georgej said:
yes. but the Importer for it in Japan is doing a pretty bad job of looking after it (not temp controlled enough etc). 

George, I know nothing about the "perfect" temperature for brews. Care to school me with this one and other examples?

filmost said:

George, I know nothing about the "perfect" temperature for brews. Care to school me with this one and other examples?
Beer is fragile. importing is usually done by sea, because its so heavy. this puts beer through huge barometric and temperature changes - which can spoil the beers flavour. one way to overcome this is to refrigerate it very cold - i dont think that satan red in japan is well looked after

georgej said:
Beer is fragile. importing is usually done by sea, because its so heavy. this puts beer through huge barometric and temperature changes - which can spoil the beers flavour. one way to overcome this is to refrigerate it very cold - i dont think that satan red in japan is well looked after

Ah I see. Is there one main distributor that imports it? The place I buy mine from keeps it really cold. Do you have any good recommendations bottled/canned beers to try?

yeah lots. you live in saitama city? i can find places for you. theres a few craft beer bars there and Coedo brewery is close by too

Actually I am up in Koshigaya, but I can get around.

Meet up with buds in Tokyo once in awhile. Last time we went to Craft Beer Market in Jimbocho. Was really nice.

Back