Sauasage/Salami making equipment

Just bought these bad boys.  I see lots of meat in my future... :D

850 w (1.1 hp) 150 kg/hr (330 lbs/hr) meat grinder all stainless steel (hopper, body, auger, grinding plates,knives, end cap all S/S)

hf12-a.jpg

15 Kg (33 lbs) meat mixer

4.2gallon_meat_mixer_1.jpg

5 liter (1.3 gallons) all stainless steel vertical stuffer

6454.jpg

Awesome SS!  Tons of fun for you~

This arrived today.  It's fecking HOOOmungus!

Crappy photo, can't find my dslr battery charger anywhere.  Dog probably ate it

IMAG0342_zpsb2893c04.jpg

:eek: :eek:  :eek:  :eek: :eek:  

WOW!  That looks so......

INDUSTRIAL!!!!!!!!!

Everything I've bought is commercial grade sausage making equipment.  Hmmmm, now just how do I make the buggers? 

I can't find my V anywhere.  Dog probably ate that too :(
81EkHgVuQSL.jpg

rest of the equipment arrived.  Very happy camper with the quality.  Meat grinder weighs 25 kg (55 lbs)  Takes about 1 minute to strip it down.  Everything on it and in it is stainless steel :)  Has emergency stop, semi water proof and is whisper quiet.  The whole thing 'leans' when you turn it on so I know it's gonna grind the stuffing outta anything I put in there (fingers are not going anywhere near the loading throat!)

Just ordered 180m (590 feet) of 28-30mm hog casings pre tubed.  That'll make approx 800 sausages.

Found my Rytek Kutas sausage book :woohoo:

NO idea of what sausage to make first.  My fave sausage at the moment is chorizo.  Don't have a commercial smoker...yet.  Need a work around for that.

Lol, just realised the first image I posted of the meat grinder is the wrong one.  Fixed it.

Even if you like chorizo most, just try a bunch of different varieties and twists. I bet that machine has enough capacity : -)

I bet there is a lot more to make than that you can find in the store. A nice tip, when making sausages to grill with both beef and pork, use lean beef and relatively lean pork but add fat from premium beef cuts (like rib eye etc) that the butcher cuts off. A sausage needs a bit of fat to keep it nice, else it will go dry quite fast. It tastes a lot better if you get the fat from beef instead of pork.

Love mine. Made tons of varieties that would cost a fortune in stores. I also have some hunter friends who have given me venison.  Venison mixed with pork and pork-fat,super-hot pepper powder, sea salt, etc.. and then grilled up is a tasty treat. Might have to make some for Super Bowl XLIX.  Cheers!

Back