sausage grinder for fresh pods

alright I am going overboard for this next year, and am planning on going into sauce bigtime. I have had it with the food processor for chopping/pure-ing pods before they go into the fermentor. You have to fill the processor hopper, then pulse it, empty and refill more empty refill, don't go oto crazy or you go from course chopping to pepper puree in a sec... So I was wondering if anyone has ever used a sausage grinder for grinding pods while they are fresh? And if so, what do they recommend?

I think a sausage grinder would work great! I've only used a food mill on cooked/soft foods.

One potential problem I could see with the sausage grinder is a possible reaction to the metal of the grinder plates or auger. You may need to invest in a stainless steel unit so any chemical reaction to the metal doesn't impart an off flavor or discolor the chiles. And you might need to run them through twice to get the consistency desired. But it would definitley be faster for quantity than a food processor.

Some food processors have a continuous feed chute. With a shredder disk, it might work on pods.

Back