Sausage Grinders and Stuffers

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
OK...this is all new territory to me...I have never made sausage so I must come up to speed really quick like...

Here is a grinder/stuffer and a stuffer I am interested in...recommendations/comments direly needed...

I can go to the Northern Tool 3 miles from my house and get them

SausageGrinderandStuffer.jpg

:and I as a moderator didn't know where to post this:

Have you actually gone to the Northern store and handled/looked at them good? I have found with some of their stuff it really helps to physically "handle" the tools to know what you're getting.

not yet, but I definitely want something sturdy...

Personally I'd buy an electric grinder, and you can get them with stuffing tubes if you don't want to buy a stuffer
I have the Northern Industrial 15lb stuffer and its great, but I'd love to also get a 5lb unit for normal amounts

The kind attached to a nice mixer looks like a multitasker from hell.

Emeril uses one. That is the direction I would look first.

I use a Waring Pro,it's not really a heavy duty unit but then again I'm not using it commercially.I think around $90. at Low*s.It gets a workout when Butts are on sale!Just have to make sure all the ingredients are cold enough on the electric unit.

www.sausagemaker.com for some good options. Never heard anything bad about TSM products. I believe they are USA made. Cheers.

Back