• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Saving seeds for sale?

Im thinking about contemplating trying to sell some seeds on ebay to pay for this habit of mine, and possibly also for a fundraiser at university. It would be too late to do much this year, so if it were to happen, it would be next summer, which makes me wonder, what would be the best way to isolate flowers over a whole plant, but yet keep them all packed into a small courtyard?

So far I have come up with: Glue-too fiddly for my scale of operations; Tea bags-see glue; Netting of some sort-sounds promising. Any other ideas?

Also, reputation is going to be a big decider on whether or not people would buy from me, but what would really make you never buy again from someone? I have gathered the bit between Wilard and whoever he bought from, but what else goes wrong? Im looking at working out as many kins now before it gets too hard.

Even better, has anyone tried this/doing this? Obviously Neil at THSC is, anyone else? Any hints/warning?

What a great biz seeds would be, you get to eat the yummy by-products of production, the pods. Im just starting out so extra seeds are for sharing and trading but I too wonder if I can trade seedlings for pots and potting soil for the 2010 season. Of course purity wouldnt be an issue with baby plants. Since I have limited space my plan is to have clusters at different locations. Jalokias at my dads house, cayenes at work, jalepenos at my friends etc. Ive been eyeballing space under power lines, along commerical fences etc. There was a guy who did a pick your own stawberry farm on rail road land for years before the owner noticed. Good luck to you!

Back