• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scary Good Tacos

Okay felt like doing a giveaway so I thought I would do a contest that was both slightly difficult and creative so here it is. 

I want to see a taco plate consisting of two or more tacos and two sides but the twist is it must be Halloween themed and spicy. everyone has until Nov. 1st at noon to enter but sooner the entries start the more attempts you have to redo your entry, multiple entries welcome.

The prize consists of the quality of the entries the more creative and spicy the picture the better the prize if i see some high quality entries i promise to give high quality prizes.  Remember this is a very competitive contest so if you see someone with a great entry try to outdo them. 

Good Luck

AWESOME CONTEST ROB

0046_zps8b62eb71.gif

Nightshade said:
The prize consists of the quality of the entries the more creative and spicy the picture the better the prize if i see some high quality entries i promise to give high quality prizes.  Remember this is a very competitive contest so if you see someone with a great entry try to outdo them. 

can you give some examples what the prizes might be?

it will be seed packs with increasing levels of awesomeness so for instance it will start off with 3 packs of superhot seeds then it will move to 5 packs then it will switch to wilds etc etc. I will start releasing the prizes once entries start coming in.

juanitos said:
can you give some examples what the prizes might be?

Nightshade said:
consisting of two or more tacos and two sides but the twist is it must be Halloween themed 

That is a tall order.

Chicken and beef. Pork and fish. Chorizo and Goat. That's alot of cooking for 2oz each for a photo!
And just WTH is a Halloween themed taco?

I am not bashing here at all, I really want to do this but I just need an idea. What are you picturing..... In your mind.

Awww shit. Don't mind me. Ahm drunk. ish.

:drunk:

This sounds like fun!  but will take a bit of prep.  Not sure how to get the Halloween theme in there.

Nightshade, if I may suggest-
edit your OP title to say "Make Scary Good Tacos Contest" so folks will know it's a contest and check it out.  I think Tags can be added also. 
Maybe request it to be moved to the Lounge or Promotions which has more traffic than Fun Zone.

Cool Contest!  Thanks for starting the fun!   I'm looking forward to the cooking just so we can have some TACOS!

I know I missed the deadline but I still went ahead with what I planned when Nightshade announced this contest. I present to you, SCARY TOUNGE TACOS WITH A PUMPKIN SALSA! :eek: Here are a few pics.
20141101_162850_zpszxjoavcq.jpg

I boiled the tounge with a a whole head of garlic and tablespoon of salt for one hour and a half. Then after letting it cool down I peeled the the outer layer of skin and cut into small half inch squares. Then I put in a skillet with some of the original broth and added little bit of salt and garlic powder. I let it simmer for about half an hour. While this was cooking I was working on the salsa.
Ingredients:
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
7-8 ounces peeled pumkin
1 Mutant tomatillo
1 tomato
1/2 large white onion
hand full of cilantro
1 1/2 garlic cloves
2 super hots and I have no idea what they are, maybe you guys can identify.
20141101_182558_zpswlvldgkf.jpg

After my hard work, here is the final product. Happy Halloween!!!
20141101_200300_zpsozoox0mz.jpg

dash 2 said:
Lengua, onion, cilantro and lime - best taco ever! How was the salsa?
Salsa was good but could of did without the pumkin. The pumkin just made it thicker and I had to add more water but I would take this salsa over alot of others.

Nightshade said:
very very interesting never have had lengua but I do have a desire to try it
Good to hear that Nightshade, you must when you get the chance.  I never understood the folks that are disgusted at the fact of eating a cows tongue but then turn around and order a cheeseburger which is made primarily of a cows asshole and scrotum from some fast food place. Looking like this guy here
198716086-198716085_man-eating-burger1.jpg

I had a friend growing up whose mother made nearly everything from scratch. We would trade at luch time because I loved the home made bread an he liked pudding cups. One day he had a toungue sandwich. We traded and I ate it ,not knowing untill done. Best damn sandwich I have had to date.TONGUE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Back