• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Score, winter pest control

Found this girl in my "Florida" room today and it appears that she has a great appetite or an ooth to deposit since its that time of year.  I put her on the plants in my garage for the time being, since I've got furnished enclosures from another hobby I may move her into one until my Florida room is ready.  I plan to put a layer of poly over the screen and use this room for my grown out/overwinter spot so Ill put her back in there as soon as I do that. 

20141106_103818_zps9ihmvp5f.jpg

I had one in my garden a few weeks back.. its very limited to what she can actually do.  In my garden i have ants, aphids and whiteflys.. none of which a mature female or male would find appetizing.  either way.. awesome critter to have.

Assuming the nymphs will be hungry when they hatch, not sure on the time frame for this species.   I only moved her inside because of the weather, its actually cold now.  I dont think adults live much past a year so we will see.  Almost got into keeping them but I have more tarantulas than my wife wants me to have :)

Back