• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Scored some used #5 pots, now what do I do.......

Found some #5 tall injection molded nursery pots on Craig's, the heavy duty kind. They are used, and I am thinking that I need to clean them out before I use them, in case there are any nasties that might transfer to the new plants. Any suggestions on how or what to use? I got a decent deal, 64 pots for eighty clams.

100_1539.jpg

Clean um for sure, The wife works at the college, and i get all the pots for free, and I'm happy to get 10 bucks for twice that many... If anyone is close and needs some, free for the takin...

I usually wash em with a water/bleach solution (small amount of bleach) and use a spray bottle. I rinse the pots first to get as much yuk out first, then soak them with the spray mixture and let them sit for 10 mins, then rinse them again and let them dry!

simple :o) Good luck ! xo

Nicole

I usually wash em with a water/bleach solution (small amount of bleach) and use a spray bottle. I rinse the pots first to get as much yuk out first, then soak them with the spray mixture and let them sit for 10 mins, then rinse them again and let them dry!

simple :o) Good luck ! xo

Nicole
Sounds like a plan to me - that's all I will be doing with pots I plan to re-use this year.

Maybe chuck a good scrub in there too though to get rid of the yuk. ;)

Back