• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Scorpion Chilli Sweet Chilli Review

Sweet Chilli

Initial observations:
Thinner consistency than I was expecting. Smells wonderful. You smell the sweetness first, then tomato dominates and then nuances of garlic and onion and chile. Smells similar to a sweet thai chile sauce but much fresher.

Spoon test:

Taste pretty much as you would expect from the smell. Sweetness and tanginess from tomato hits you first then garlic and a very mild heat come together. Not a very habbish flavor but a fruitiness aside from the tomato and lime definitely come through.

On Scrambled eggs:

Taste the toms less and you get a more complex palate. Sweet but not cloying, good balance of garlic and and onion vs. ginger, sugar, lime and toms.

Conclusion:

Very simple well balanced sauce with subtle flavors. Works well on more neutral dishes; eggs, chicken, white fish., etc. The flavors of the sauce are easily over dominated with stronger flavors like breakfast sausage, beef or lamb. I would have liked it a little thicker to better taste the different dimensions of the sauce. The wife likes it on her eggs which is saying quite a lot as usually prefers her eggs completely plain, not even salt!

Heat: 1/10
Flavor: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Thanks mate for the review....Its certainly a sauce designed for plain foods as you suggest. Not designed for smack down heat in any ones language but a sauce with a low price, made from all natural ingredients with no artificial colours, preservatives or thickners. Priced at $5.00 so that it is affordable for everyone and made thinner than usual for liberal tomato sauce style application. Im glad you guys enjoyed it!

Thanks again....feel free to review the other sauces ive sent you.

We've finished this bottle already. She's been using it on her breakfast everyday. I'll have the Lust review up soon, i've done the spoon test so far and tried it on eggs. I'd like to try it on a variety of foods and give my experiences on all of them. So far, i'm thoroughly enjoying it!

The we sweet chilli is a little deceiving isnt it.....you try it, go back for more then before you know it you have to have it on everything....mourish! My mates nag me for that stuff! im glad your enjoying the Lust its a we warm creation. What do you think of the labelling....I hope your practicing safe sex now lol!

Back