• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Scorpion-Congo Hybrid???

JungleRain said:
Hi Micca I have the same variety growing also, except mine are still maturing, they have the same texture and light green coloring as yours though not quite as big.....yet

Cool. Can't wait to try some of these Badboys.

Micca

Just had my first sliver of the pictured pod. WOW! WOW! Da.. that thing is hot!:onfire:
Quite an intant burn, smells Chinense but could not get enough time to taste it before the searing heat.

Note to Nova, Aji Chombo- Saving seeds and drying atm( Unfortunately open pollenated though).
Have got 2 pods isolated, but they need to ripen yet.

Micca

Im sweet with open pollinated seeds mate, if it weren't for them we wouldn't have so many cool crosses :)

Cheers

Ditto for me.

OP seeds are fine.

Who knows, it might be a mythical 'Yellow Scorpongo Bhut' crosbreed/mutation/crossdresser variation, spoken of only in selected circles of capsicum sages :lol:

hey micca....glad to see you had success with the CARDI's ...............also glad to see the heat is there as well....... hope the seeds you are putting aside for Nova and AC are successful for them as well.....

i have been out of it for some time..... i have been working on some desalination plant designs for our country (water crisis, government, politics --- the norm) ..... had no time for peppers over the last few months..... all my plants are basically dead!...... most of the designs have been approved for construction so I should finally have some free time once again......... last weekend i set a couple varieties from seeds i received from people right on the forum...... hopefully i should have the time to once again restart my pepper growing hobby :D ........ and get back posting on the forums!

trinicoolieboy said:
hey micca....glad to see you had success with the CARDI's ...............also glad to see the heat is there as well....... hope the seeds you are putting aside for Nova and AC are successful for them as well.....

i have been out of it for some time..... i have been working on some desalination plant designs for our country (water crisis, government, politics --- the norm) ..... had no time for peppers over the last few months..... all my plants are basically dead!...... most of the designs have been approved for construction so I should finally have some free time once again......... last weekend i set a couple varieties from seeds i received from people right on the forum...... hopefully i should have the time to once again restart my pepper growing hobby :D ........ and get back posting on the forums!

Hey Tcb nice to hear from you and many thanks again for the fantastic seeds.

They definitely have the Trinidad Scorpion upfront heat and look great on the plant.
Glad they turned out true to form too, had a look and found a few pictures of the Trinidad Scorpion- Cardi strain and they definitely look like them.

Sounds like some interesting work you are doing over there. It’s a shame your plants suffered though:( . Well you know who to ask if you ever get low on seeds.

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Back