• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Scotch bonnet question

I spent a few hours today looking online to try and buy Jamaican scotch bonnet seeds to grow my own here at home. I was surprised to see so many different kinds it was pretty overwhelming. One thing I notced was that all the pictures of the scotch bonnets I saw are way bigger than the ones I bought earlier this year at a Jamaican market. Just wondering if any one has info on this.
http://imgur.com/bDOLFQH

Todd I'm having a similiar problem finding seeds online. A lot of vendors are listing scotch bonnet and habaneros on the same item. I understand they are similiar but scotch bonnets have a more distinct flavor than habaneros, I was also under the impression scotch bonnets were hotter but most info I've found online says they are the same or habaneros are hotter. It's quite confusing. Also the only time I saw a scotch bonnet while in Jamaica it was sliced in quarters and put in a jar with cream sherry( a popular sauce often put in soups) so I can't quite remember the size and shape. The ones I've seen online seem much bigger then what I remember tho so I'm wondering if they are true scotch bonnets or some sort of hybrid..

I think the TRUE Bonnets I've grown weren't as hot as some Habs. IN general.
BUT they have a REALLY distinctive taste.
Too many Hybrid market habs out there to tell...compare.

Scotch Bonnets were never,in my opinion all that hot.
But way back when,all people got was commercial habs (orange).
Bonnets were at times hotter-ALWAYS had GREAT taste.

Back then Hot was compared to Serrano and other peppers rather than what is around today.

I think a LOT of the supers with the Scotch Bonnet shape,back then were the pods people called Bonnets.
Now people call/named stuff as Scorpions or 7 pots.
See Cardi pics of the original Scorpions or 7 pots.
NOTHING like what people expect to see today.
I have several 7 pots and Scorpions growing from years old sources (before Super Hot Mania) that if I posted pics would be declaired by the internet experts as a cross or?
They aren't,I grew them isolated since 2005 or so.

Just making a point-A lot of re named stuff thaty looks like Bonnets is now called whatever,when a few years ago they were called Bonnets,due to pod shape.

smokemaster said:
I have several 7 pots and Scorpions growing from years old sources (before Super Hot Mania) that if I posted pics would be declaired by the internet experts as a cross or?
They aren't,I grew them isolated since 2005 or so.

Just making a point-A lot of re named stuff thaty looks like Bonnets is now called whatever,when a few years ago they were called Bonnets,due to pod shape.
Can you post pictures. Very interested to see... or links?

I don't post pics anywhere on the net these days.
Tired of getting crap for asking the users to give me credit for using my pics.

Check out Cardi for pics of  7 pots and Scorpions.

There are posts here for links to Cardi already.
Origimal 7 pots somewhat resembled Bonnets,Scorpions had no tails.

I grew the tfm and foodorama bonnets last year very good flavor. I had yellow and red pods. Saved a bunch of seeds not sure why I didn't grow them this year. Have red MOA going the year, plants are looking really nice so far.

Back