• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Scotch Bonnet

Was just sayin I've seen labels in the market, they say scotch bonnet but they are clearly habs, yours could be a bonnet that grew up without the bonnet?

Shops that sell Habanero's over here are scarce, i have never seen one but i know of one that sells in town some distance from me. They buy them from a UK pepper farm so they're only seasonal.

The pepper in this post is from a shop. I have seen these many time in many shops, about 6 in my own town, also seen them in Newcastle (365 miles away) & Brighton (60miles). They come in pallets and the sizes, shapes, and stages of ripeness vary even within the same pallet.

Perhaps my idea or what i was considering the ideal shape for a scotch bonnet is different to others, and my choice of shape from many varied shapes is evident in the above picture.

These are scotch bonnets (of some variety), they're imported and sold as scotch bonnets up and down the country and have been available for many years. If they where not scotch bonnet then they would not for legal reasons be aloud to be sold as scotch bonnets.

Anyway they taste freeking great and are hot as :hell:

Peace,

Sliced open for an inside look.

100_1810.jpg

Shops that sell Habanero's over here are scarce, i have never seen one but i know of one that sells in town some distance from me. They buy them from a UK pepper farm so they're only seasonal.

The pepper in this post is from a shop. I have seen these many time in many shops, about 6 in my own town, also seen them in Newcastle (365 miles away) & Brighton (60miles). They come in pallets and the sizes, shapes, and stages of ripeness vary even within the same pallet.

Perhaps my idea or what i was considering the ideal shape for a scotch bonnet is different to others, and my choice of shape from many varied shapes is evident in the above picture.

These are scotch bonnets (of some variety), they're imported and sold as scotch bonnets up and down the country and have been available for many years. If they where not scotch bonnet then they would not for legal reasons be aloud to be sold as scotch bonnets.

Anyway they taste freeking great and are hot as :hell:

Peace,

Many items, like perishable fruit is mislabeled at local markets. What legal agency in England polices the labeling of hot peppers?

In my humble opinion, those are not scotch bonnets, sorry.

WTF over, ya say bonnet, ok whatever... You state the flavor is great, and the heat... hot, so if ya like it, grow it, don't be hung up on names...

If you were to check out The chiliman.org's data base it shows a photo of a Faria Pepper, aka Tobago Scotch Bonnet and it looks amazingly like the photo the OP posted. You can see for yourself here: http://www.thechileman.org/search.php Just type in Scotch Bonnet in the "name" box and go. Then to make things even easier it's the very first pepper listed in the Scotch Bonnet section.

Back