• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Scotch bonnet?

I would just like someone to confirm that this is in fact a scotch bonnet? Based on the pumpkin orange colour and the smooth skin it looks more like an orange habanero to me.
It was sold to me as a scotch bonnet though, but it looks too smooth.
Scotch_bonnet.png

I bought them from a grocery store. Actually they tend to get them mixed up a lot. I once found a bird's eye chili in a bag of Cayennes I got. I don't know how it got in there, but I'm not complaining (it's not like it added that much more weight!) I don't know why most people consider bird's eyes to be very hot, though. I didn't even sweat or anything.

I bought them from a grocery store. Actually they tend to get them mixed up a lot. I once found a bird's eye chili in a bag of Cayennes I got. I don't know how it got in there, but I'm not complaining (it's not like it added that much more weight!) I don't know why most people consider bird's eyes to be very hot, though. I didn't even sweat or anything.
How the hell is a pepper going to make you sweat in Toronto ? You'll be lucky just to have it thin your blood enough to keep your heart from freezing.

How the hell is a pepper going to make you sweat in Toronto ? You'll be lucky just to have it thin your blood enough to keep your heart from freezing.

I take that as a joke? If so, funny.
If not, then still funny, because Toronto is far from a frozen wasteland. We get to 46 C (114 F) every now and then in the summer, with an average of about 32 C (89 F).
Although, in the winter we nearly freeze sometimes.

I typically pay .50/lb for habs when i buy a case (8 lbs).. the prices here in virginia range from .50/lb to 1.99/lb depending on the store, pepper type etc..
So in canada.. its hard to say if you paid too much.. the peppers i get are typically from south carolina or costa rica for the red habs.

i'm 2,000 miles from froggy but i pay $6.99/lb for open boxed orange habs, $4.99/lb for both red & yellow bonnets, $4.99/lb for manzano(when i can get them), $3.49/lb for fresno and $1.99/lb for jalapeno and serrano.

walmart super centres(the stores with produce) usually have orange habs packaged wrapped for $3.99 a package(between 8-10 pods).

most of my grocery peppers are product of USA(they don't say where in the US), product of mexico and product of dominican republic. i asked the produce clerk about the scotch bonnets and he said they were from the dominican, i originally asked because the store's flyer said product of the usa and i wanted to find out exactly where in the US but he said their marketing people were wrong and showed me the box.

Back