• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Scotch Bonnets?

I got these out of the 'habanero bin' at Rameys. They look more like SBs to me... Much hotter than the chilis I usually pull out of there... Anyone care to confirm/deny my suspicions?

20130211_101124.jpg

20130211_101117.jpg

These definitely taste better than the "habaneros" I usually pull out of there. They are quite a bit hotter too. Might have to do some jerk cooking tonight! ;) Thanks for the input guys.

The only Scotch Bonnets that I have had before these were some that my dad grew in his garden, which were barely hot... Great taste though. I have had some in sauces... Well, their mistake worked out very well for me. :)

the yellow Jamaican S.B's are wonderful flavor-wise and make great jerk and sauce!!

have tones of seeds for this one, my friends grows a huge row of them every year, there very popular with many especially the Caribbean people that visit his farm

thanks your friend Joe

You have the flu? I wish my grocer had nice looking peppers like that. Cook em up and post dinner pics! Nice find!

Haha... no, that is the counter at work. I just happened to catch a couple of medicines in there. ;)

It will probably be tomorrow before I get to do much cooking... I just remembered that I have a network security group meeting tonight...

Same here. They are very a irregular shape, heat, and taste wise. I think they are a cross rather than a Scotch bonnet.

looks like a famous grocery store habanero/scotch bonnet cross...... a Habanero bonnet. We get these at Publix grocery store all the time.

Not a bad pepper for .10 cent

They worked great for Jerk Chicken. :) As usual, I forgot to take pics of the prep process... so it may or may not have actually happened, according to the rules of the interwebs.

Back