• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Scoville Food Institute?

I see a problem with the people testing our peppers in business for them selfs. Leads to creadence for the back alley tester stating their pepper is the hottest. I do like the wallpaper they're giving out. I don't buy hype but most people would buy their product on name alone.

I'm pretty sure these people don't do testing. Can't find any reference to it on their site. In fact, they mention tests on their products being done elsewhere (St. Mary's College of Maryland). A gimmicky name sometimes means a low-quality product... though hot sauces seem to be driven by gimmicky names! ;)
I see a problem with the people testing our peppers in business for them selfs. Leads to creadence for the back alley tester stating their pepper is the hottest. I do like the wallpaper they're giving out. I don't buy hype but most people would buy their product on name alone.

Hmmmmmm. Looking at the list of sauces these people have made, there are some that look real nice. But am curious whether or not this is a gimmick. Who knows may be I should just buy a bottle and go for it.

Well, I must say the Periodic Table of Scoville Units is cute but it makes me wonder how many people have been mislead by that chart assuming the symbols on the hot sauce matches the heat rating of the actual pepper.

Hmmmmmm. Looking at the list of sauces these people have made, there are some that look real nice. But am curious whether or not this is a gimmick. Who knows may be I should just buy a bottle and go for it.
You mean you wonder if they are a gimmick sauce, like a Barack Obama private label sauce made by a third party? No, I believe this is a legit sauce co.

You mean you wonder if they are a gimmick sauce, like a Barack Obama private label sauce made by a third party? No, I believe this is a legit sauce co.

Looking deeper at these guys they are a gen company. But not entirely sold on the periodic table style labels, May be I just trying to judge a book by it's cover. Will have to buy a few of them now just to draw a conclusion

Back