• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Scovilles Jerk,asst;T.O.+Romo

MVC-050S-1.jpg
MVC-051S.jpg

Fresh ingredients,left out the ginger in the pic but not the Jerk.
MVC-052S.jpg

The assistants,T.O. and Romo
MVC-053S.jpg

The smoke box.

RB,They are Cornish Game Hens(young Chickens),The cans are small tomatoe juice cans,ventillated at the top,Most of the tomatoe juice poured out,a splash of beer added.It is my modified version of beer can chicken,a popular cooking technique in some parts of the states.Normally this is done on a grill,on offset heat.I used my smoker,and some allspice leaves,berries.Trying to get an authentic Jerk flava!The TO and Romo are an american football thing.Two bums who play for the dallas cowgirls,who play my team the Washington Redskins tonight.

scoville said:
RB,They are Cornish Game Hens(young Chickens),The cans are small tomatoe juice cans,ventillated at the top,Most of the tomatoe juice poured out,a splash of beer added.It is my modified version of beer can chicken,a popular cooking technique in some parts of the states.Normally this is done on a grill,on offset heat.I used my smoker,and some allspice leaves,berries.Trying to get an authentic Jerk flava!The TO and Romo are an american football thing.Two bums who play for the dallas cowgirls,who play my team the Washington Redskins tonight.

Washington Redskins? Never heard of 'em...

Great looking birds.

Cheers, TB.

scoville said:

I've never seen chickens that small. I have seen the 'beer can chicken' thing going on in the UK though.

TB,Thanks,all in good fun,Actually I an a Cowboy fan(OSU)didn't work out to well against texas teams this year!I married a Texas girl also,after I turned her from the dark side of course.
RB,you donĂ½ have Cornish Game hens in England?Thats eye opening!All they really are is small chickens,They do cost more per lb. than regular chics.
just another stateside marketing strategy I guess!They are pretty tender though.I also spatchcock them ,put them in a double sided fish grilling
holder and grill.Very tasty.Are people as fanatical about grilling in England as US?

Scovy..well since you married a Texan gal..
'Boys and 'Skins tonight. I'll pop a top and salute you when the game starts.

Cheers, TB.

Scovy..what a coinky dinky. My gal and I were yakking during the game about upcoming turkey day and as I am not a turkey fan asked her what she would like other than that. Her answer, Cornish game hen. I'm thinking of the beer can method with lemon/garlic/white wine. Thanks for the inspiration man.

Cheers, TB.

TB,Beer can might be a little large,I used Those little tomato juice cans,added beer.As with beer can chicken any liquid works well,I've heard even Dr Pepper.I'm bettin the wine and lemon garlic get raves.
Cheers to you and love those Texas Blues!Sure miss S.R.V.!

I might just do the one bird for her. I much prefer a nice crispy duck with a hoison sauce. Alas..I'll have to buy muscovy. Not many Gadwall or Teal flying here in the big dry ditch.

Cheers, TB.

MMM!Quackers!I have a 5 acre pond in Okla.@ Kansas border.My mom seems to have the opinion they are all her pets!Same with the Pheasants all over the road on the short drive to the pond!

Back