• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Season 2017. Dedicate to rghm1u20. Thanks for all this seeds

Hello everybody. I'm Alejandro. I have 28 years old. I am from Argentina. I am a student.
I study systems engineering.

It's a bit difficult to write in this language but I will try to do.
Like all of you, I love spicy peppers. It is very gratifying in the morning watering the hot peppers.

This glog is dedicated to rghm1u20, thanks to him who gave me these seeds.
I am very grateful for all this.

1485867222.jpg

This are all the seeds who rghm1u20 sends to me.

1485867492.png

This is the dawn I see every morning.

1485867564.jpg

This is my balcony. it is very small but i will to try growing peppers.

1485867714.jpg

I hope you learn something from my country either Any food, music or any recipe.

And this is a litle cups whits seeds.
Some have not germinated yet but soon they will.

Bonda Ma Jaques and kali mirch
1485867821.jpg

Bolivian Rainbow and black scorpion
1485867895.jpg

Dorset Naga by rghm1u20, another Dorset naga and Bhut Orange Copenhagen.

1485867981.jpg

Dorset Naga by rghm1u20 (I hope they germinate soon, it very slow to germinate ?)

1485868067.jpg

And this are my plants of the last year.
I have problems whit rocotto. A lot of flowers but no fruits.
1485868235.jpg

This is scotch bonet. it is a very strong plant in this weather.

1485868307.jpg

Its fruits

1485868393.jpg

This is basil. This is a very important plant to repel all insects and your taste for all food is wonderful.
The same with the oregano (I have to bring a plant to the balcony).
1485868459.jpg

This is a beer bottle.
1485868506.jpg

I am surprised to see that in other countries they sell bottles of small beer.
In my country it is not very popular to sell small bottles of beer because beer is always shared with a friend.
Here is never a beer alone

It is all for today.
I will to update every Sunday.

Greetings from Argentina
1485868874.jpg

Good afternoon everyone. I have photos of the update today.
Unfortunately I had enough dead plants this week.

All due to the excess of irrigation, to the fungi and to the heat of Argentina.

Of this pot perished 2 plants product of the fungi.

1486930227.jpg

Two dead plants and a third that is on the way too.
Have not yet matured the bishop crown, I eagerly await the maturation of its fruits in order to share them with my friends
1486930340.jpg

bhut orange copenhague

1486930445.jpg

Here we have the rest of the small plants to the shelter of the shade of the larger plants.

1486930562.jpg

1486930588.jpg

In this pot I did the transplant of two small plants ... to the soil I added perlite to improve the aeration inside the pot.
1486930727.jpg

Having pepper plants is quite tricky here in the summer. I hope that everything will bear fruit when there is not so much heat.

Greetings from Argentina

I could not stand it and bought me some beautiful jalapeños.
The funny thing is that it is very rare to find hot peppers in this country in a greengrocer's shop in the neighborhood...

1487037181.jpg

It cost me approximately 2 dollars (35 Argentine pesos) .... they look wonderful ...
1487038511.jpg

This is a sandwich from Milanese. I love eating Milanese, I would eat every day.

1487038640.jpg

wonderfull

Sorry to hear about your dead plants, my 
friend.

Nice balancing act with your balcony space, though
Alejandro - looks like you are having fun!  Wait
until you can make a sandwich with your own,
fresh Bishop's Crowns - or stuff them with goat's
cheese and bake them...

Alejandro, I read through all of your posts in this log. I have to say you are doing very well with the language. What other kinds of peppers are you trying to grow? I have some Carolina Reaper, Ghost, and some Moruga Scorpions If you would like a few I can send them your way. I am trying them for the first time this year and have a decent growth so far. I am also very excited to see what this season will bring. Keep up the enthusiasm and the good work.

In this time I have learned many things of the English language.... I also learned a lot from the culture of the USA... It's nice to know that you understand what I write...

Practically I germinate any hot pepper seed....
When I started it cost me a lot to get seeds ... Here in Argentina is not accustomed to eating spicy ... but over time I could get different varieties ...

I'm interested in varieties that are very spicy ... Some like the ones you name ....

I love sharing hot peppers with friends and family .... If you send me seeds you will help many friends to be happy.

Hello everyone... Today is the day to update the glog...
The heat in Argentina is still very much. I have to put in the shade all the plants after noon.

this is my Bishop's crown... this is the oldest plant.... excelents fruits.
1488457257.jpg

this is another plant of Bishop's crown...
1488457385.jpg

his fruits.
1488457438.jpg

this is "cuernito de cabra" (Little goat's horn)...  But I think it is bolivian rainbow

1488457492.jpg

Another class of hot pepper...  (very similar of bolivian rainbow)
1488457626.jpg

A lot of Alegria Riojana... I think this is spanish pepper....
1488457740.jpg

Are the germinated seeds of the jalapeños that I bought recently.

1488457818.jpg

bhut orange copenhagen...
1488457886.jpg

Chupetinho Pepper....
1488458195.jpg

Kali Mirch

1488458068.jpg

Black Scorpion...
1488458143.jpg

My precious
1488458469.jpg

This is very rare to find ... it is a hot pepper of the field ... it grows alone in the mount .... or in the abandoned fields.
Is called aji quitucho or kitucho. I'm going to take the seeds out to see if it grows in the city ...

The vast majority of Argentines like to have a dollar in their wallet ...
I prefer to have a photo of our national hero ... General San Martìn.

I like the owl that is on your dollar bill ... the dollar bill is very nice.
1488458619.jpg

The general san martin the liberator ... very popular in South America .... liberated Argentina, Chile and Peru... Is the closest thing we have to George Washington

1488459451.jpg

I hope you like the update. I send you a big hug from Argentina.

Yesterday I came up with a question ... how can I add more hours of light to my hot peppers? It occurred to me to put the hot peppers inside the apartment. The light is strong (I need a good light to study) maybe it's a good idea. It is a matter of experimenting

1488505729.jpg

peppamang said:
Great glog. Peppers look healthy. Im excited to see how the aji quitucho turns out for you!

Thank you .... My plants could look better if I had more hours of light. They do not receive light in the mornings. With regard to hot pepper, I will soon start germinating its seeds. I'm waiting for it to stop being so hot.

Hello everyone. Today I bring you with advice that I hope will help you.
This is how I add phosphorus and calcium to plants. This is bone meal.
1488728535.jpg

The home way to do it is the following. The bones are prepared in the backyard of the house and burned. There are many videos on the internet where you can see the technique they use. Must be well burned. They do not have to look black as seen in the photo. It has to be rather white. Let them cool and store them in a dry place.

To use it you only have to grind it. I have a mortar but a coffee grinder is an excellent choice.
1488728608.jpg

Once crushed we have the bone meal.
1488728659.jpg

This is always done at the beginning of the transplant, this is because the bone meal takes a long time to decompose, about 1 month. And when the nutrients are available to the plants the bone meal will already be decomposing. It is recommended to use at most 2 tablespoons per 5 liters of soil (1.3 gallons of soil).

1488728882.jpg

You have to stir well until you can not see the bone meal. If it is not well mixed it may bring some problems...
1488728990.jpg

Another way to add calcium is with egg shells. You simply have to wait for them to dry in the sun and grind them.

1488729154.jpg

These are the benefits of phosphorus. It improves the structure of the soil favoring the biological activity, the development of the roots and the absorption of nutrients, favoring the sprouting, flowering and fructification. Ideal to have excellent fruits of our hot peppers.

Now the transplant. We select a healthy plant.
1488729280.jpg

We observe its roots in case there is any inconvenience.
1488729326.jpg

And we transplanted the plant to its place

1488729382.jpg

I hope the advice is helpful. Any questions you have send me a PM and I will respond with pleasure.

Later on I will be giving you more advice on the contribution of organic nutrients to plants.

Greetings.

Back