Seed Grab Bag Give-away (for SASBE)

Ok, I am going to try to limit my addiction forcefully, but spreading it around some :)

I have collected a variety of seeds over the last couple years, and don't really have the time or energy to keep up with starting many from seed anymore.  Most of the seeds came from open-pollinated plants, so they may be different that what I had them labelled anyways, so I figured I would throw a bunch in a bowl and give them away as a grab bag.

There will be no guarantee that any particular type is in one of the packs, nor that it won't turn out to be some strange mutant F1 (had 100+ varieties growing in a small back yard, so definitely possible that they intermingled a bit).  And I also offer no guarantee as to the viability of the seeds, other than that I have grown some various ones from the seeds, and they did produce.

There will be no charge for the seeds, but those who want them will need to send a SASBE, as I am not going to get envelopes, stamps etc just to give these away.

I will also be limiting it to the first 15 folks who post here, AND send a PM, so I can get the mailing address to them.

Please make sure that you correctly set up the envelopes and cover the postage needed both ways (if my scale is correct, they are 2-3 grams in weight).   I am not sure on the deal with shipping seeds overseas, but if any of y'all outside the US want me to fill and return your envelope to you, you are welcome to try...  also, if anyone out there knows the deal on that, please speak up :)

The varieties I have and will be thrown in the bowl are as follows:

Goat's Weed
Choc Bhut x 7 Pot Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
Aji Heartthrob
Thai Bird
Numex Twilight
Sweet Baby
Jalapeno
Aji Teapot Orange
Red Dominican
Tabasco
Habanero Arbol
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend
Super Chili
Habanero Orange
Piri Piri
Chicken Heart (Red)
Pequin
Thai Giant Hot
Sri Lankan
Fish Pepper
Aussie Lantern
Puya
Yellow Cayenne
Sweet Pickle Pepper
7 Pot Yellow
Serrano
Red Bhut
7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow
Aji Habanero
Jonah
Chili de Arbol
Paper Lantern
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Sport
Berbere (Ethiopian Brown Pepper?)
Douglah
Faria
Congo Trinidad
Condor's Beak

*I also have a number of unidentified seeds from some of Dale's SFRBs a couple years ago, so there may be other varieties present.

Again, this is meant to just be a fun grab-bag for folks who may want to expand their personal selection of peppers.  If you are wanting pure strain seeds, this would not really be for you.  However, if you are fairly new to peppers and want to just toss some in pots and see what you get, then this can get you a bit of variety in your garden :)

If you are interested, please post and pick a number between 1 and 15 (I am numbering the packets, so first come, first pick til the 15 are accounted for), and then PM me and we can share the info needed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• GiveAways.JPG
    GiveAways.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 100
Yea... if I had this sized yard and was still in FL, I don't think I would have the strength to do this... LOL  Plus the missus has me growing tomatoes and eggplants (and other veggies as well) here.

@charlesquik - it depends... for ornamental coolness that you can eat, the numex twilight was cool...  for pod coolness, the fish peppers and condor's beaks are nice.... for heat - there are many at different levels...   I am growing cabai burong this year and it has shown to be a very productive, early season pepper which worked well here, so it will be on next year's grow (but I don't have any seeds to spare yet... will at some point).  I've also gotten some seeds from Peru which I will try out next year.  I just don't have the time to do a ton of seedlings anymore, so am limiting it to a couple "known" varieties and a couple that I am not familiar with to see how they are :)

@Mikey - will get ya a PM in a few

Thanks y'all 

*starts thinking...   we are all in the same boat... it's sinking... if it's fresh water, we can turn the boat into a DWC and keep the peppers growing...  who has the nutes?

I really want to jump in. I'm in Canada, though. I'll contact Canada Post to see how it works to send you a SASBE across borders, I've never done that yet. Once I'll have the information I'll send you my adress and choice of bag!

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for your generosity! I'm in Indy, how do you like this weather, peppers aren't happy! I'll go for #3.

I am not a fan of cold weather, but adapting.  Last winter was a bit much, and I really woulda preferred it hold off another month or two before it got cold... too many green pods still on the plants... LOL

I've had good luck with growth of the plants and pods though, just not enough time for them to all ripen :)

Thanks, nearday... PM will be sent in just a few.

Just a recap - the ones spoken for so far are as follows:

3 - fiogga
8 - pepperguy1
9 - Mikey in the ham
13 - nearday
14 - Jackson13

That sound about right?  Holler if I missed anyone... there is alcohol involved, so I may be partially blinded :)

Back