• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seed storage

I currently have 50+ types of pepper seed, but that will be well over 100 in the next few weeks. How do you guys store and catalog your stock? I currently have them in small jewelry bags in a plastic case, but there has got to be a better way. PIcs would be great

I use bead storage containers from hobby lobby and number them. I keep a spreadsheet with the number and strain to correlate with the bead storage containers. Works for me but i like the pill bottle storage a lot better.

little craft baggies.  I don't really categorize them I just keep all the pepper baggies in a big ziplock, veggies in another and flowers in another.  Then toss them in a plastic tote where I also keep some  scissors, tape, pens, markers and some other seed starting supplies I use.

I do keep seed of the same types separate and mark the name of who I got it from. 

All mine are in labelled envelopes or labelled little zip lock bags inside of a larger zip lock bag withh a couple of those silica moisture absorbing thing. Might move them all into envelopes.

rebelgrower3 said:
Small zip baggies baseball card sleeves and they are in a 3 ring binder.

Jamison said:
I do the same.

howardsnm1 said:
i use   plastic sleeves used  for baseball cards.. they then go into a binder..
Binder with baseball card sleeves and small ziplock bags.
11613783603_6bc94a862a_z.jpg

Back