• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Seed supplier mixed up a bunch of my order, what is this?

HI!

I got a bunch of seeds I planted last fall (go Southern California) that are just thriving and finally showing their colors. Unfortunately the seed supplier I ordered from seems to have had some sort of mix-up in their labeling, especially with their super hots. The Scott Bonnets and Mad Hatters where correct, but everything I purchased as "ghost" came up jalapeño. The ones that were supposed to be Moruga scorpion came up white. The mix-ups were consistent across all plants grown from seeds in the same package, so I know it's not random genetic stuff popping up. I think the white ones are are white scorpions (see below) but they did look a little reaper like at various stages. If someone has a link to an identification guide I would be forever grateful. There's a lot of similarities, visually, in the ghost, scorpion, and reapers and now I'm totally confused now with the mislabeling....haha. I did some searching and couldn't find a lot besides Scoville differences. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 125
HI!

I got a bunch of seeds I planted last fall (go Southern California) that are just thriving and finally showing their colors. Unfortunately the seed supplier I ordered from seems to have had some sort of mix-up in their labeling, especially with their super hots. The Scott Bonnets and Mad Hatters where correct, but everything I purchased as "ghost" came up jalapeño. The ones that were supposed to be Moruga scorpion came up white. The mix-ups were consistent across all plants grown from seeds in the same package, so I know it's not random genetic stuff popping up. I think the white ones are are white scorpions (see below) but they did look a little reaper like at various stages. If someone has a link to an identification guide I would be forever grateful. There's a lot of similarities, visually, in the ghost, scorpion, and reapers and now I'm totally confused now with the mislabeling....haha. I did some searching and couldn't find a lot besides Scoville differences. Thank you!
EDECF1D0-279A-420B-BE1E-CCAB328549A7.jpeg

Follow up pic. They are tasty and very hot…

Sometimes, the problem isn't that the seed vendor substituted one seed for another. The more likely scenario is that the seeds weren't stable or had been crossed.

If this is the case, you have a whole brand new variety that won't line up with an existing variety.

Back