• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seed Trains and what you can expect from them

As the seed train winds down for a spell, I thought it would be nice to see the plants that seed acquired from the train were producing. I for one am anxious to see how the Jalapas are doing. As well as some of the wild/semi wild seed that was offered on the train early on.

I dropped on 4 Trains this year(2014) hopefully those that received indeed reap the heat from them

I've got some nice plants from the train, I'll compile a bunch of pics of them for this thread at some point.

Wish I had some plants pics to post, unfortunately didn't get on till late in round 2 of both trains.  Have a good start for next year though.  

I wasn't on the seed train but the Xalapas you sent me are doing good. Only have one plant going but has lots of fruit on it. I'll get a pic tomorrow when the sun's back out. 

No,No I sent out seeds and powders to be "added to" others trains
I had so many extra's to unload and more strains then I could grow out in a life time
CAPCOM said:
Checked my grow list, You must have missed this train, Too bad.

CAPCOM said:
As the seed train winds down for a spell, I thought it would be nice to see the plants that seed acquired from the train were producing. I for one am anxious to see how the Jalapas are doing. As well as some of the wild/semi wild seed that was offered on the train early on.
Xalapas pic coming your way. Pods just starting to develop. Thanks.

TNKS said:
No,No I sent out seeds and powders to be "added to" others trains
I had so many extra's to unload and more strains then I could grow out in a life time
OH, then I stand corrected and our train missed out.Too bad as well.

D3monic said:

I am growing some of these as well from Capcom.   My plants look real nice too, my pods are just starting to form.  I also have a few of his Unknown Mexican growing.  Really is my only surprise pepper, eagerly awaiting ripe pods. Great seeds Capcom.

D3monic said:

On a side note I have a coworker who is going to visit family in mexico. I asked what town but he was cryptic and said 5 hours west of mexico city. I asked him to bring me back some local pepper seeds. 
Got a good start with them, hope to see some pod elongation soon. They were long to fully develop, at least with my late start last year. When did you start your seed ?

I'd have to look when I get home , want to say late January early Feb. unfortunately none those pods are viable for saving seeds as they was tight quarters with lots of other plants so high likelyhood of cross pollination
Went through my glog, I soaked it on Feb 6 and it popped a taproot the next day. 

D3monic said:

On a side note I have a coworker who is going to visit family in mexico. I asked what town but he was cryptic and said 5 hours west of mexico city. I asked him to bring me back some local pepper seeds. 
I did something similar, he brought chiltepins and mirasols back.

Back