• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds seedling is wilting.

can this be due to overheating of the growing medium? my tobacco was wilting as well.

too much water?

too many nutrients?

I have a 200 ppm mixture of nitrogen-high liquid fertilizer with micro nutes.

i planted this before i started cataloging what i planted and when i planted. im assuming its about 8-10 weeks old from planting. the soil is unknown until i get my thermostat in. but i am using a super sprouter germination mat.
uknown_pepper_wilting.jpg

unknown_pepper_wilting2.jpg

I have a timer that i just added to the mat, on for 1 hour, off for 30 minutes, plus i have two vents at the top of the humidity dome that i opened up. humidity went way down, but so did the temp.

It looks like a combination of both to me. Looks like there was way too much water from the pics, and that kind of fertilizer for that young of a plant seems like overkill even at trace amounts, just my 2 cents though!

its true blue before i saw pics i thought u were growing hydro.
ss said right plants root are TeNDER when young
all your questions prob r yes

i do grow hydro, but not when germinating.

thank you for the responses guys!

and im not sure what it is. u pepper is unknown pepper, lol. its either a red habanero, thai chili, white habanero, a smaller bell pepper flavored pepper that starts with the letter M (i forget), or another pepper i got from the hydro store that looked like a fat thai chili type pepper.

it died :( so did my tobacco. i have my plant labels now so it wont be an unknown pepper planted next time! well.. except for the one pepper i couldnt identify that i got from the hydro store. i cleaned out my germination tray today and now have 28 free spots to germinate with. gonna do some red habs, white habs, red jalapenos, green jalapenos (is there is a difference between red and green? the seeds look slightly different), try again with the tobacco, try again with the unknown pepper, and probably plant more bhuts. i get my super sprouter thermostat today too, it looks like the air temp inside the humidity dome was getting to around 85 degrees.

edit: just got my liberty bell habaneros!

Back