• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seedling issue

Man. This is a postmortem discussion, I hope you realize :tear: Tear those damned root restricting bags apart and dump that peat into a container for later use. Don't bother wasting your time trying to resurrect the plants, start some new ones. You'll be way ahead that way.
Did you have a top on the tray to contain moisture? If not, you need one. Sock covered plugs are bad enough as it is- if you try to use them without a tray cover you're going to have to stand guard 24/7 with a spray bottle to keep them moist. When you're starting in a tray with any plug that is exposed on all sides, they dry out FAST if there's no tray cover in place. Also as was pointed out- it's a bit difficult to tell for sure but they do appear somewhat spindly- it sounds as if you have plenty of light, but how far away from the tray are the lights? You should be able to get them down within a foot easily.
That being said- yeah, like everyone else said, they're dead because they didn't receive enough water. At this stage of the game it's almost impossible to do damage by overwatering. The bottom of the tray that has the little channels in it running back and forth? Those channels should ALWAYS be full of water at this stage, and it's not a bad idea to use a spray bottle with warm water to keep the tops of the peat moist too.
I'm with the other folks who hate hate HATE those damned sock plugs. They suck. Use something else. I use either Rapid Rooter mats or Rockwool plugs regardless of where the plant may end up. Last season was my first with the Rapid Rooter plugs and I like them. They're a little bit more expensive than the rockwool plugs but they seem to grow less algae, seem to wick water more uniformly, and they seem to have a lower mortality rate though that's just an assertion that I've not tested side by side.

Oh well, I guess you can chalk this one up as a lesson learned :)

Back