• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds seedling?

sometime today i had a hot cherry seedling pop up. YAY!

do i keep it covered or should i uncover it now?
its in a mini green house type thing on a heating pad.

You should be ok uncovering it as long as the other have sprouted also. If not just pull it out and pot it up, but make sure you keep it close to the light so it grows a thick stem and not a LONG one. I put mine under light after a week and the stems ended up getting 4-5" long, but very flimsy and thin and had to be held up with tooth pics.

ebk637 said:
sometime today i had a hot cherry seedling pop up. YAY!

do i keep it covered or should i uncover it now?
its in a mini green house type thing on a heating pad.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but your planning on growing it inside ....right?

yes
i plan on growing a few that will stay in the house.

it is the only one that sprouted out of 8 that are in the same mini greenhouse.
i should take it out and get it underlight?

im trying to get a picture but my camera skills limited.
and the last pics i posted came out blurry.
but it looks like its doubled over now,almost like its top heavy but i just noticed when i got home and it wasnt there at 5:30 this morning.
it is out and under light now.
I hope the rest germinate also.
but i believe those ones take longer and its normal.

anyhow,thanks for the info

ebk637 said:
im trying to get a picture but my camera skills limited.
and the last pics i posted came out blurry.
but it looks like its doubled over now,almost like its top heavy but i just noticed when i got home and it wasnt there at 5:30 this morning.
it is out and under light now.
I hope the rest germinate also.
but i believe those ones take longer and its normal.

anyhow,thanks for the info

If your taking a closeup use the macro mode. It is usually the one with the flower icon.

ebk637 said:

They always start out that way which is the reason people here talk about "hooks" when their seeds sprout, was it "erect" before?

MrArboc said:
They always start out that way which is the reason people here talk about "hooks" when their seeds sprout, was it "erect" before?

no
but now it is erect under light.

i am about to leave for the weekend and i know that theres gonna be a couple more sprouting.
will it affect the germination process if i put them under lights before they sprout?
i dont have anyone to check them for me while im gone and i want to make sure they get light as soon as they come up.

ebk637 said:
no
but now it is erect under light.

i am about to leave for the weekend and i know that theres gonna be a couple more sprouting.
will it affect the germination process if i put them under lights before they sprout?
i dont have anyone to check them for me while im gone and i want to make sure they get light as soon as they come up.

No, the lights wont make a difference. If the soil gets completely dry it might kill your babies but I don't see any possibility of that happening over a weekend unless you leave them outside under full sun;)

nope there not outside.
im gonna put them under T5 tubes and CFL's.for now
maybe a reptisun 10.0 CFL.not sure if thats any advantage or not but i have a few.

Back