• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seedlings looking bad

The problem with putting anything in the soil is it's going to take a lot longer for the plant to actually obsorb any of the nutrients and by the time they do you may have already given them too much. However if you foiler feed the plants intake the nuts immediatly and use up to 80% more of the nuts at they are not just flushed through the soil when you water them. I never apply ferts to the soil anymore and only foiler feed as needed.

Not sure testing this way is proper but here's what I did . My plain water had a pH of 6.3 ( didn't have time to raise it ) and I flushed two plants that look fine . The pH of the run off tested at 6.4 . I then flushed the two plants with curled leaves. The run off tested at 6.0. So I think the pH of the soil in the styro cups is a little low .

Do you guys agree ? What would you do to raise the pH in cups...... and the cups are 8oz cups. Pretty small.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I with SS, I alway adjust my tap water down to 6 pH and go from there, my tap water is over 7. I have a 5 gallon water cooler jug I fill with water and let sit overnight then I test pH and and use that exclusively for my plants. This simple practice has made the biggest improvement in the overall health of my plants. Good luck P.

Thanks Silver_Surfer ........ PRF I do pretty much the same with my water. I keep a 5 gal water jug but I also add air bubbles from a little air pump. My thought there is adding air keeps the oxygen levels high ..... but who knows

Here's two photos of the plants I'm concerned about . One is a Madame Jeanette , the only one that sprouted ...... the other is a Limon which I have 2 of and both look the same. The rest have come around. I'm hoping the pictures may help.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

MJ.jpg

Limon-1.jpg

I'd put those plants into a larger container (I'm betting they're root bound), cut back on the water (they look wet) and give them a week.

Silver_Surfer ..... They could well need to go a bigger pot. But then the Limon pepper ares are nuff small , height , etc ...... But they are getting small blooms which I cut off..

I guess I keep hoping when I plant these plants inna' bucket or my raised beds their world will get better ... They'll become Big Boss pepper plants !!

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

I've transplanted those plants. So time will tell if the new leaves grow correctly .

Peace and thanks for everyone's help ,
P. Dreadie

Back