• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Seeds and X-Rays

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there knows if sending or receiving seeds thru the mail knows whether the x-ray machine or scanners affect the seeds.

:banghead:

Nope. They'll be fine. Many a seed has survived unscathed.

I forgot to mention... Make sure they are sent in a bubble envelope though, because the main thing that will kill the seeds is getting crushed.

Thanks nmorris279,

I thought asking about it a while back but forgot about until today. Thought others might like to know also. Again Thanks :halo:

I remember a story from way back about some flower breeders using x rays to force mutations in order to try and develop new colours.
I am sure that the article stated that the x rays had to be many times stronger than the ones used in hospitals.
The ones used in airports are weaker even than the hospital ones so I would say that the risk is minute.

Thanks Lawrence and alt.veggie. I guess I'm doing something wrong. I was just curious --- i better work on my growing skills. Your input was helpful.

Back